• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Tango - Voice Issue

Video works completely fine and the person on the other end can hear me fine but I cannot hear them if i do it comes in and then goes out almost instantly.

Same issue here.

Tried a handful of Tango calls yesterday. Some between me and two different friends with Evos, and then some really good testing with a friend with a TBolt.

We tried the TBolts with one of us in 3G, and the other in 4G. Tried with both of us in 4G. Tried with one of us in 4G and the other in WiFi. And finally, tried with us both on WiFi. Same problem every time. Video's pretty good for the most part, but the voice sucks. One person can talk and be heard okay, the other person's voice doesn't transmit.

We also tried Qik, and have fairly similar results (not exact same issues, but similar enough that I don't know if it's the phone or the apps).

Wonder if this has anything to do with why Skype wasn't there at launch...

Upvote 0
Hey guys,

We are aware of the audio issues that are occurring on the HTC Thunderbolt. Our engineers are working hard on hoping to fix this issue soon.

For optimal performance, please try adjusting the volume on the device to 1 click below the maximum level. This should greatly reduce some of the audio feedback you guys are having.

Another temporary solution to this issue is to use a headset while making Tango calls.

Rest assured we're not finished and are working very hard to keep improving sound quality.

Stay tuned! ;)

Reactions: Dobieg and mattbirk
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones