• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Tap and Pay, G2, in the USA on Sprint

TahoeRunner

Jan 10, 2014
Hello all,

Can anyone confirm that the USA LG-G2 on Sprint "can and does" function properly with the Google Wallet Tap&Pay system?

I'm reading at some sites that it does, yet it is not on Google's official list of phones that work with the system.

Much thanks for relevant posts. :D

TahoeRunner
01/15/2014 at 5:48am, PST

Reactions: ianrosean
Good question. I've had my G2 for 2 weeks now and tried my wallet account at the local 7/11 last week. It didn't work. I chalked it up to their system but after reading this post yesterday I tried at another 7/11 and the same thing. I'm pretty sure all my settings are correct. I have NFC enabled and my wallet account seems to be fine. Hell, it worked fine a week before I purchased the phone using my old Gnex.

Would like to hear others accounts with this or maybe a setting I'm missing?

Upvote 0
I had CM 10 on my Gnex but it had some bugs even though it was a stable release. I don't care about voiding the warranty as much as losing functionality. I like some of the quirky features of the G2 like slide aside, knock on, etc. Not sure if you lose all these with CM but I would think you do.

I'll just wait another month or so for kitkat.

Reactions: ianrosean
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones