1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Tap one text message thread and a different one opens?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by unwallflower, Jul 7, 2010.

1. unwallflower

unwallflower Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2010
    I've been finding that since the update, my phone opens up text message threads that I didn't tap. This mostly happens when I am going through menus quickly because I'm in a hurry. For example, I'll have one text thread open, hit the "back" button to go back to the list of all the threads, tap the thread at the top of the screen (or anywhere really), and it opens up an entirely different thread. It's not like it's opening the one right above or below it because I didn't tap accurately... most of the time it opens up a thread that was so far down that it wasn't even shown on the screen.

When I'm in a hurry I've sent texts to people that I didn't mean to send them to. This is really annoying... anyone else having this problem? Anyone know of a way to fix it?

I had this problem with my Hero and it was one of the big reasons I got rid of it.

Advertisement

2. Bubba1

Bubba1 Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Mine does the same thing sometimes.....drives me crazy. I hope there is a solution.

3. namoroman

namoroman Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Male
    Kwik Trip
    Owatonna, MN
    This happens to me all the time. I click on the thread with my girlfriend, and start typing my reply. Good thing I look, and see that it actually opened the thread with this girl I work with, and am the boss of. That would have been very inappropriate. Its a strange bug and doesn't make much sense since its not based on where you touch the screen. :thinking:

4. OhioGuy89

OhioGuy89 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Male
    Ohio
    I've had this happen every once in a while. When it does do this, just long tap the person you want to text then select 'View' to get around it

5. rhamm621

rhamm621 Active Member

Jun 17, 2010
    I thought this was a user issue and i was going crazy. Good to hear others are having this issue as well (not really good, but comforting:p)

6. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Male
    Business Owner
    New Orleans, LA
    I am not positive but this doesn't happen when using Handcent. I am sure it is a bug in HTC's messaging

7. mikek200580

mikek200580 Member

Jul 7, 2010
  8. Meltz014

Meltz014 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    This has happened to me once or twice as well. There was also one time where I replied to a Facebook message thread, but it was sent to a completely different thread making for quite the awkward experience I think this was just a one-time bug though.

9. skpd

skpd Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    re-calibrate the screen? never had the issue, though I did not do the update yet and prolly won't do it ever with all the issues I hear about from users post update

10. unwallflower

Jun 1, 2010
    I tried recalibrating... no dice. I don't think it's a screen problem because it sometimes opens threads that weren't even shown on the screen (like, I would have had to scroll down to even see it).

I'm so glad I'm not the only one experiencing this problem. I felt like I was going crazy!

11. iamtybaby

Jun 27, 2010
    Had the same problem..actually got me in trouble...Download handsent. U wont look back

12. unwallflower

Jun 1, 2010
    I did have Handcent for a while, but I honestly didn't like it at all. I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't like it because everyone is always raving about it.

Tags: