1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Tap screen during a call?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by s52m3, Sep 22, 2014.

1. s52m3

s52m3 Lurker

Hi guys I'm new to Nexus 5 and I'm struggling to understand whether something is wrong with the phone/software or my expectation of how it should work.

When I'm on the phone with someone and I want to end the call, sometimes tapping the phone will bring up the screen and I can just hit hang up. Other times however it won't turn back on and I have to hit the power button for the screen to come back on. The latter seems necessarily difficult.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chukka63

chukka63 Android Enthusiast

That's how mine works,which is a great improvement as before 4.4.4 i couldn't get the blank screen to come live so had to wait for the other person to end the call and also could never use the keypad on menu's etc.

3. s52m3

s52m3 Lurker

So that's a "feature" or a bug? I just tested a few times and it seems to wake up by itself when I move the phone from my ear, basically using the proximity sensor, so I don't actually know if I ever have to tap it to wake up. I do know for a fact though sometimes it simply will not wake up without the power button, it has to be a bug right?

4. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member

That sounds like a bug. The only situation I could think of where the phone would lock (so that it does not automatically turn the screen back on and start recognizing touch input) is if you were to accidentally hit the power button while on your call, thus telling the screen to turn off and lock. The phone should consider a phone call as the phone being unlocked and in use, so it should not lock out on you.

5. chukka63

chukka63 Android Enthusiast

Before 4.4.4 update my phone never reawoke after removing it from my ear and at the time i couldn't liven it up by the power button so i'm pleased i now have this power button option when i need it.

Nexus 5 Forum

The Nexus 5 release date was November 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.95" screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon 800 processor, 2300mAh battery, and 2GB storage.

November 2013
Release Date
Reviews