1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Tapatalk not able to access AndroidForums?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by jjfad, Dec 18, 2013.

1. jjfad

jjfad Member

Is anyone else having issues with accessing AndroidForums using Tapatalk? Until maybe a week ago I had no problems using Tapatalk Pro (v4.2.5, LG Optimus F3 running Android 4.1.2) to access AndroidForums.

Now when I try to get into AndroidForums, Tapatalk just hangs at the "connecting to server..." screen. Any help?

nicka3200 likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. nicka3200

nicka3200 Android Expert

I've been getting this for a few weeks now. I would be very interested to hear of a solution.

3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Which version are you using? The full version or the AF branded tapatalk app?

4. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

I'm using the full version of Tapatalk (no offense to AF, I just like to have access to all of my forums from a single app) and I haven't encountered any problems.

5. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

There are usually short periods each day when you can't access the servers, so if you make a habit of checking at precisely those times this is what you'd see.

But otherwise, no, not had any problems. I probably use TT 80% of the time I'm on AF (full version, as I use it for XDA as well).

6. nicka3200

nicka3200 Android Expert

I'm using Tapatalk 4.3.3 (free version). It won't access AF at any time of day & hasn't done so for the last couple of updates.

7. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

Same version here, 4.3.3, also free. Have you tried removing and readding the accounts?

Hadron and nicka3200 like this.
  8. jjfad

jjfad Member

I'm using the full tapatalk pro, not the AF branded version.

9. El Presidente

VIP Member

I get it on the full version sometimes, I'll also get security errors asking telling me I don't have permissions to access some forums.

Are you logged in to a tapatalk account, or did you just manually add your forum accounts? I seem (although I could just be perceiving it that way) to get it less if I'm not logged in to my tapa account.

I find the AF branded app a bit more reliable, but YMMV.

10. jjfad

jjfad Member

I'm using an LG Optimus F3, so I can't just install apps willy nilly. If possible I'd like to find a solution that only involves using Tapatalk and not installing a new app.

I am logged into a Tapatalk account.

11. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

Yeah I usually get a little lag on the Tapatalk app with AF, so I stick with the AF branded tapa application. It's pretty good, no lag, quick responses, good stuff :)

12. nicka3200

nicka3200 Android Expert

I've gone the whole hog & wiped data via manage applications. It's now working. Thanks.

jjfad and Hadron like this.
  13. Hadron

VIP Member

Does it still have the classic TapaTalk bug that reports sometimes link the wrong post, or posts sometimes end up in the wrong thread?

14. El Presidente

VIP Member

Yeah, but we get that with all versions of tapa unfortunately. :(

Hadron likes this.
  15. Hadron

VIP Member

Damn. It would be worth having an extra app if it meant I didn't have to add member's names to all reports in case the TapaTalk poltergeist strikes (last time I forgot to do that I'm told I ended up reporting Rob as a spammer :eek:!).

16. jjfad

jjfad Member

Thanks for the tip. I did the same thing and its working again.

I really hope Androidforums doesn't one day disable tapatalk access!

17. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

:eek: I didn't know about this. I rarely am on Tapa but I now know if I report on there I should include names lol.