• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tapatalk weirdness

Which brings me to issue 3. My Tapatalk signature never shows up.... It's set and turned on on both my devices but it has never ever shown. Is this because I have a signature also set on the forums?

Just enabled the TT signature and quoted as a test.
Edit...picked the right quote but no siggy. Hmmm, I don't use it anyway but that's odd.

Reactions: Rachel A
Upvote 0
Issue 1 is a question I have asked on their forum. I have seen it several times.
Issue 2 I haven't seen myself, but they mentioned on their forums that it was resolved with the latest update (2.5.6).

I think the signature can be disable/enabled by the site Admin, so you would need to ask Phases in the suggestion box and feedback forum.

Upvote 0
Anyone had either of these two issues?

1. When replying and quoting a post the app will sometimes pick a totally random thread from anywhere to put in as the quoted text.
2. Avatars come and go. Sometimes I'll see folks avatars and other times Tapatalk will simply not show any.

These 2 have happened to me as well. I also have had issues where a screen would pop up saying connecting to forum failed to contact forum admin and sometimes nothing loads but more often then not if I wait the forum loads even while that screen is showing.:thinking:

Upvote 0
I also have had issues where a screen would pop up saying connecting to forum failed to contact forum admin and sometimes nothing loads but more often then not if I wait the forum loads even while that screen is showing.:thinking:
I get this as well, but I just figured it was my slow/bad connection. It does load but takes a while, then the message comes up. I will even get it after leaving the app.
It usually only happens when I'm home though, and my signal isn't the greatest...a lot of stuff is just slow.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones