• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tapatalk - what do I do with it

whs37

Android Enthusiast
Jan 29, 2011
Florida/Germany
I saw people using Tapatalk so I thought that might be something useful and I installed it. But now I really don't know what to do with it. Postings on forums I usually do with the PC although I guess I could use the N7 for which I have a bluetooth keyboard.

So tell me guys, for what do you use Tapatalk and do you find it to be useful.

I use Tapatalk on my Galaxy Note/Galaxy Camera and Nexus 7 for reading and posting on Forums when I'm on the move or away from my PCs.

Viewing forums on the mobile devices' web browsers is not very suitable as the text is small and you have to pinch and zoom to view the postings.
Tapatalk's text is correctly sized for easy viewing and posting.
It also allows me to add the forums that I frequent to my favorites so I can easily switch from one to the other and I'm already presign in and ready to view and post.

So if you don't use your mobile for forums then there is no need for Tapatalk.

Reactions: whs37
Upvote 0
I find it has too many things going on and difficult to navigate. I tried it for a few days and found it much faster and easier to use a browser. I have bookmarks to the forums I follow. I just open Naked Browser (which opens my html bookmark page), one click and I'm where I want to be, one more click and the text is the size I want.
I think you are right. I will uninstall it.

Upvote 0
I got Tapatalk way back in 2010 when I was using a Droid Eris. For me, Tapatalk was a life saver, since browsing through the web browser was insanely slow (back then, your device itself was a bottleneck, not just your connection). Tapatalk made life much easier so you could just click on a topic, and it would load within a second or two, rather than 30+ seconds. So if you had a slow device, it made using forums a whole lot less painfully slow. Not to mention, when your connection WAS an issue, it made forums perfectly usable even over 2G.

Now I use it purely because the UI is more suitable for mobiles and out of habit. Both my Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7 are more than capable of browsing this site fully.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones