• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Tapping screen to get out of timeout?

Yeah, like if i just have my phone sitting on the table and i get an alert it'd be nice to just tap the screen to get it to turn on, and isn't anyone afraid their power button will just wear down from continuously pressing down on it lol...idk j/w, not a big deal if it can't do that, which it probably doesn't for the reason you stated.

Upvote 0
Yeah, like if i just have my phone sitting on the table and i get an alert it'd be nice to just tap the screen to get it to turn on, and isn't anyone afraid their power button will just wear down from continuously pressing down on it lol...idk j/w, not a big deal if it can't do that, which it probably doesn't for the reason you stated.

I never had a problem with my power button on my Evo, so I suspect the Photon's will be fine. :)

Upvote 0

There's no way to use the touch-screen to power the device on or get out of a "sleep" state. Otherwise the screen would be on all the time when the phone is in your pocket or being touched in any way. The power button is fairly sturdy and shouldn't fail anytime in the life the device.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones