• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Caveman419

Android Enthusiast
Feb 24, 2010
Last cave on the left
Just to let anyone who is looking for an upgrade or new line (phone). Target has the Droid X on sale for $100 plus a fifty dollar gift card (after having the phone for six weeks) on Friday(11/26) and Saturday(11/27). They also take trade-ins on old phones. I took the DX deal for me, traded in the wife's old Storm and payed $23 for the Droid Inc. I am going in Saturday morning and getting the Droid 2 for the daughter for $50.

Absolutly insane prices right now. Target just started the mobile phone section. And it is actually run by Radio Shack employees, but they are making great deals right now to get this new section off of the ground.

Walmart.com has a better deal... $89.99 for the phone with a $100 gift card, so you make $10. You might have to pay an activation ($35) fee tho.

That is a good deal. One would end up paying $25 in the end. Not bad. I returned one Droid X to Best Buy to get the one at Target. I think that I will call it done.

Hopefully someone is cruising the forums and picks up on these savings.

Upvote 0
Walmart.com has a better deal... $89.99 for the phone with a $100 gift card, so you make $10. You might have to pay an activation ($35) fee tho.

Hey man, just wondering how you are able to qualify for the 100 dollar gift card?
Because if that's possible, with the free activation they're offering right now, i'm totally buying my droid x :D

Edit: Nevermind I found it, had to go through the walmart.com site first. But it seem's the phone is 150 dollars instead of 80 when you aren't the main line of a family plan, which really bugs me

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones