• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Target Shooting

I moved your thread out of the Android area and to the Lounge for you, nyy.

I'm fortunate to have two indoor shooting clubs here in the town where I live, plus numerous shooting areas in surrounding acreages.

I take my handguns to the indoor range closest about once a month or so, and those and long guns to the woods several times a year. I'm not a hunter, but do enjoy making my own ammo and playing with ballistics a bit. ;)

Upvote 0
Recently got into shooting, more plinking than anything else. The area near my friend's vacation home has a 100 yd range tucked away in the mountains where its free, unsupervised and almost always empty. So i bought a couple .22s and just go have fun. We can run and gun, set up all sorts of funky targets and even climb onto the roof of the shelter.

Upvote 0
I am into target shooting/trap shooting mainly b/c it helps me stay tuned in for hunting

I have a Remmy 700 SPS in .270 WSM and a Beretta AL391

I used to be into handguns, but the fire has kind of died down, however, I would like to have a semi-custom 1911 one day along with a Sig P-220 made in West Germany

Upvote 0
Sorry to bump an old thread, I just found this forum. Yeah I *LOVE* target shooting. UK firearm laws are a bit ******ed, but I get enough fun. ;)

I shoot gallery range with a variety of "handguns" (basterdised revolvers to be legal), black powder pistols etc. I also shoot out to 1000yards with my .308 - great fun. My favourite gun is my AK103 (single shot) with wooden bits, looks just like an AK47. I also just bought myself a 1875 Martini Henry Mk IV rifle, I'm looking forward to shooting that one soon.

Now, if shameless plugs are a bit rude then please forgive me. I've got an Android app for target shooters, Plink Log. There is a free version -
https://market.android.com/details?id=uk.org.milagro.plinklog
and a Pro version for

Upvote 0
I have two indoor ranges... only rim fire however in my area. There is a public long gun range about 45 min from my door but there is a nice private range that's closer. A club affair with nice people and regular events. It has a plinking range and a fifty point firing range with rotating targets at 25 and 50 yards for competition. It also has a rifle range with benches and stands at 100, 150, and 200 yards. The range is nice.. but the camaraderie of a club is where it's at. Shooting is a fun but being part of a group with a common love makes it. Look for a local club... you'll never regret being part of it.

Upvote 0
wow a few shooters. I like my Sigs and I like shooting them! :D

I have not been to the range in some time, but there are several indoor ones within a half hour of me, and recently a new indoor much closer even - so I need to check it out. A few years back I was a member at an outdoor club that was pretty cool, but very far away. I wish it was closer because it was a lot of fun.

11_16a_2006.sized.jpg
11_16b_2006.sized.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones