1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Task bar

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RickyDavis1051, Aug 11, 2012.

1. RickyDavis1051

RickyDavis1051 Well-Known Member

Hey Guys was wondering If you guys could explain everything in the task bar once you pull it down. Like whats it do if it is on or not. Thanks. Sorry for the dumb post :(

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!!

Hey man, your post is not dumb at all. No question is dumb on here, but the only ones that are, are the ones not asked. ;)
    It shows notifications like calls, texts, etc. It also shows what apps were recently used too. It also shows messages.

NightAngel79 likes this.
  3. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

Does he not mean the notification widget buttons?

4. Metroid Prime

Sounds to me like the task bar you pull down. Could be both though.

5. treb1797

treb1797 Extreme Android User

What carrier ? As it seems different carriers have different things in the pull down bar or whatever it's called.

6. Metroid Prime

7. SUroot

Its the "on or not" that makes me think he is talking about the notification widgets as per screen shot

[​IMG]

Fact is there is no "Task bar" so perhaps OP could be explicit about what he is asking.

Metroid Prime likes this.
  8. Metroid Prime

Ah, it was the and I think it's called the notification bar I was thinking of. :p
    Yeah, he might be talking about that.

9. RickyDavis1051

RickyDavis1051 Well-Known Member

I was talking about the bar with "wifi, bluetooth, gps, mute, etc"......

Metroid Prime likes this.
  10. SUroot

So you want to know what each icon does if its on or off? It literally says underneath each one.

If "WiFi" is "on" then WiFi is on. If "WiFi" is "Off" then WiFi is off. It really is that self explanatory.

11. Metroid Prime

12. davoid

davoid Android Expert

I believe the OP did apologize in advance for his 'dumb post'. :)

It is after all worth asking if you don't know, I suppose.

NightAngel79 likes this.
  13. davoid

davoid Android Expert

It might be worth mentioning though not to turn off the notification toggle, or else we will be getting THE FAQ

14. SUroot

No, because when "Notfication" is "off" you dont get notifications.

15. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

For crying out loud, is everyone here so knowledgeable and perfect that they've never had to ask a question??? :mad:

It's quite straightforward... you either answer the OP and help, or you ignore the thread and move on to the next one.

If in any doubt, please review the section of the Site Rules headed "General Conduct".

16. SUroot

I've had to qualify the question then answered it. I see nothing wrong with that.

17. treb1797

treb1797 Extreme Android User

We needed more info from the OP to answer his question accurately. The items that are in the pull down / task bar are different depending on which carrier you use. So that is why a question that seems so basic was not answered. Just wanted to be clear.

18. Rolo42

Rolo42 Android Enthusiast

Stop confusing the issue with facts! :D

I believe the referenced area is called, "Notification toggles". They're very handy and don't forget to slide left/right as there are more of them.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews