• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

mcchriswood

Mar 3, 2010
Hi Guys
Having a bit of trouble here with my new desire so here goes
If i want to kill these how would i do so?? Maybe it will add to my battery life by doing so.
If i choose to go into my settings and look at running services i have up the following :
ObexService (started by application:touch to stop) - what is this?
ConnectivityService (started by the same as above) - Whats this?
GTalkService( same as above)
Touch Input (input method: touch to manage)

These say they have been running since i turned the phone on. I have the option too stop these but should i?? It wont actually allow me too stop any at the moment they just start straight back up apart from gmail and Obex.
Also what is this compared to when i hold the home button?? surely only one of them are the tasks that are running.
Thanks

I was about to ask one of the questions you just did. Why does the calendar keep running even though I am not running it?

As for as I am concerned, the Gtalk Service starts running once your marketplace runs as the marketplace is linked to Gtalk's accounts. Can you recall that when you used the market for the very first time you are required to log in with G talk account?

Upvote 0
Also guys any idea how to turn 3g off?

Depends what you mean..

You can switch between 2G\3G with a widget available form the market
You can disable 3G with either HTC Power Control Widget or HTC Mobile Network Widget (Under Settings whan adding a Widget)
You can keep mobile data\3g activated but make it unable to connect by using APNDroid from the market.

Upvote 0
Hi Guys
Having a bit of trouble here with my new desire so here goes
If i want to kill these how would i do so?? Maybe it will add to my battery life by doing so.
If i choose to go into my settings and look at running services i have up the following :
ObexService (started by application:touch to stop) - what is this?
ConnectivityService (started by the same as above) - Whats this?
GTalkService( same as above)
Touch Input (input method: touch to manage)

These say they have been running since i turned the phone on. I have the option too stop these but should i?? It wont actually allow me too stop any at the moment they just start straight back up apart from gmail and Obex.
Also what is this compared to when i hold the home button?? surely only one of them are the tasks that are running.
Thanks

don't kill any of those... they will cause you many more problems than they will solve (they are all vital system processes)

you can take the following advice or leave it, but i'd suggest uninstalling your task killer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones