1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

task killer? does s9 have one built in?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dan55, Apr 16, 2020.

1. dan55

dan55 Android Expert

hi all,

ive got a pixel 3 at the mo, but was thinking of trying out the s9 ..... but had heard that it might have some extreme task killer built in (to save battery) ..... is that the case?

...had issue before with heuwei p9 where it kill off my background apps all the time :/

thanks
    dan

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

i have been using the note series, since the note 5. i have not found its task killing feature to be anything that extreme. with closing background apps, you should be able to select which ones you want to close out.

i have the note 10+ so i can't speak for the s9, but i'm assuming that it has very similar features. the app that does this is called device care. and you can have it optimized by battery, storage and memory. its very handy and my battery life has been great.

3. dan55

dan55 Android Expert

hi
    many thanks for that info ... good to hear
    ... I'm assuming that it doesn't have to reload apps then when selected from recent app screen?
    cheers

ocnbrze likes this.

Galaxy S9 Forum

The Galaxy S9 release date was March 2018. Features and Specs include a 5.8" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 9810 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

March 2018
Release Date
Reviews