• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Task Killer with Root?

That's a bit of a controversial issue. ;) In other words, your mileage may vary.

Some very knowledgeable users say it is needed and some equally knowledgeable say it is not needed, and they all have experiences and some even data to back up their claims.

I've never used one and never had issues; but I do maintenance regularly on my device (cache clearing, message deleting, etc).

I say no. Others will post yes. It's up to what makes you feel comfortable, I guess.

Upvote 0
Autokiller is the only app you need. Set it to moderate and the phone will automatically clean up the memory for you. This is not a task killer. It tweaks the internal android memory manager to be a little more aggressive at memory clean up and your phone will be happy

I was so annoyed with my phone lagging before root that I even wrote my own app killer and in my research for it I found out all the info on the internal memory manager but you can't adjust it without root. Since I've rooted and used that to adjust the settings ( far to low stock @ 15 mb IMHO) to the moderate setting I've not found the need to kill an app to fix lag.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones