• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Task Killer

countrygal

Lurker
Nov 28, 2010
I just got the samsung fascinate & a girl I work with said the place she got her galaxy s phone from told her to download he advanced task killer and each time she was done using anything on her phone to go to the task killer and kill all tasks. I dont really know alot about the android phones yet...is this a good application to download?

I just got the samsung fascinate & a girl I work with said the place she got her galaxy s phone from told her to download he advanced task killer and each time she was done using anything on her phone to go to the task killer and kill all tasks. I dont really know alot about the android phones yet...is this a good application to download?

I could dig up articles to explain why task killers are awful on an android phone.....but ill break it down this way....don't use them, android internal task management will take care if business on its own.

Autokiller for root users aside (it enhances the memory management when used correctly.....or can at least )
Task killers=bad
Smart people=those not using task killers. :)

Upvote 0
thank you!

also this is may be a stupid question but when i get like emails,text messages or facebook messages or comments my phone doesnt show me that i have a message like it will vibrate or ring but how can i set it so that it will send me an alert or something?

Download missed call app. You can set it to beep every two minutes to remind you. The fascinate will not keep reminding.

Upvote 0
thank you!

also this is may be a stupid question but when i get like emails,text messages or facebook messages or comments my phone doesnt show me that i have a message like it will vibrate or ring but how can i set it so that it will send me an alert or something?

Not exactly sure what you mean by sending you an alert? Did you want it repeatedly vibrate after certain time intervals like the app mentioned above will do for you?

There is an app called NoLed which replaces the blinking LED on blackberry's and most other phones that the SF doesn't have, indicating you have a missed call/msg/etc. It's only a visual warning, no vibrate or sound. But it's nice cause you can pick different icons for missed calls, gmail, K9email, texts, voicemail,etc. Then, if you have a text, for instance, a colored text box icon will show up on your black screen, so you can see by looking at your phone without waking it up to see that you have a text. The icons move randomly on the screen and it will show multiple icons at once. Handy little app.

Upvote 0

Nitsju17 gave you great advice above.

In addition, I wanted to point out to you, that the Fascinate comes with a Samsung app called Task Manager. You can use that to exit out of apps quickly. That app is totally safe. For instance if you used your home key to get out of several apps (or some apps that don't close by using the back soft key), you may have multiple apps running in the back ground, ie, browser, contacts, messaging, etc. By clicking Task Manager, you can see all these apps that are running, and close the ones that you don't want.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones