1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Task Killers

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mdcowby, Sep 12, 2011.

1. mdcowby

mdcowby Member

Is it cool to use these on rooted phones. if so what is the best free one.

2. Shane2943

Shane2943 Well-Known Member

It's becoming evident that they're not really needed at all, rooted or not. Android does a pretty good job of managing memory on it's own and it keeps some programs loaded into ram for quicker start up. Killing those programs will only cause Android to replace them with others. Froyo does a pretty good job of managing memory and I've heard that Gingerbread does even better.

Your best bet is to install Titanium Backup (or do it manually by removing or renaming the files) and freeze the apps you don't need. Such as apps you've replace with others. For example, I'm running Gummy 2 and I installed Go Launcher as I like it better than ADW, so I used titanium backup to freeze ADW so it's not running at the same time.

mdcowby likes this.
  3. greenmunky

greenmunky Android Enthusiast

If you press and hold the Home button, it will bring up a pop up with you most recently opened apps as well as a task manager button. This is all you should need.

Samsung Droid Charge Forum

The Samsung Droid Charge release date was May 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1600mAh battery.

May 2011
Release Date
Reviews