• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

mmagda

Lurker
Sep 19, 2013
Hello,

I just got Samsung Galaxy S4 and this is my first android phone, so I keep encountering some problems.

I've been wondering whether there is a possibility to set auto end to some apps in task manager? I've heard this option was available on some phones but I can't seem to find it.

Sorry if this question is obvious. I will be really grateful for your help!

Hello and welcome :)

To answer your question, you'd need to be rooted and download a framework that lets you kill an app from day the back key by, say, tapping twice. However you don't really need to "kill" apps, it isn't really necessary. The way Android deals with multitasking doesn't waste RAM, it utilises it better. In no expert but this explains :
RAM: What it is, how it's used, and why you shouldn't care | Android Central

Upvote 0
To add to what Dynomot said, with 2GB of ram there's even less need to kill apps. I'm often surprised how long some apps stay loaded when not being used. I have a few apps that take some time to load, so it's nice that they're still loaded.

With my old Moto phone Android would sometimes kill things I was still trying to use (e.g. kill my music player during a phone call if I had Navigation and something else running.)

Upvote 0
Hello,

I just got Samsung Galaxy S4 and this is my first android phone, so I keep encountering some problems.

I've been wondering whether there is a possibility to set auto end to some apps in task manager? I've heard this option was available on some phones but I can't seem to find it.

Sorry if this question is obvious. I will be really grateful for your help!

Since Android is Linux, you do not need a task manager. Works very differently than Windows. :)

This is quite a bit of a read, but I promise you will glean a lot of helpful knowledge from it. This is probably the best explanation you will ever read on the subject.

Why you don't need a task killer

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones