• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

dbgrigg189

Apr 9, 2010
Gaston Co. NC
Hi everyone, I'm fairly new to the android scene, but I was immediately hooked once I got my MyTouch. I'm still running the stock OS but I have been considering rooting and going with a different rom to speed the phone up a bit. Until then though I am having a slight issue thats a little strange. I am using Taskiller and I have the on screen widget pulled up. Recently I have noticed that my phone has been randomly starting up apps on its on, GMaps being the most frequent. Since this obviously slows things down a good bit, I was wondering if anyone else has had a problem like this or knows what is causing it and how to fix it. Thanks a lot in advance and I have really been enjoying reading through the forum. And to all the devs, keep up the great work guys!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones