• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tasker application

usd1337

Lurker
Feb 10, 2016
I've been using tasker for two days and already made 5 fully functional profiles with help of Google which works as I want.

Although I have one problem.
I made a profile so when you select apps, and try to go on them whilst the profile is on, you'll be redirected to home.
Now I don't want to manually activate and deactivate the profile because it's not too handy so I was wondering how I could make this:
Let's say I tap the back button three times, and the tasker profile is toggled.
So if it's not on, I tap the back button three times, that tasker profile will be toggled to ON and a flash message saying: Profile is now on or off depending on the toggle I put.
any ideas?

Tasker can respond to an event of king press on " search" button. See if it works for any of your buttons.

Tasker Shakes and gestures are quick ways of initiating tasks. Combine them with screen on do they don't use power monitoring when screen off.

Personally, I use swipepad..amazing for quick easy launch of almost anything (including tasker tasks) from almost anywhere. Free, easy, intuitive...can't say enough good things about it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones