1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Tasker: Battery for emergencies

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Yerune, May 20, 2011.

1. Yerune

Yerune Lurker

Hi,

I use tasker to turn off my phone when the battery is down to 5%. This way I should able to use it for a quick emergency if needed and not let it drain and die unnoticed.
    But when I start the phone, guess what.. the battery is at 5%, so it turns off again..
    Is there a way to let Tasker recognize that is has been turned on at 5%, so the profile should not activate?

Thanks,
    Yerune

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. tater_salad

tater_salad Member

Set a variable to 2 before it shuts down, then have it shut down only if the variable isn't 2.
    You will needed to add an event to clear the variable like power: any clear variable

3. takeshi

takeshi Android Expert

The specific value of the variable doesn't matter but you do need to use a variable as a flag to let Tasker know that when you're powering up after an automatic shutdown that you don't want Tasker to shut it down again,.

4. tater_salad

tater_salad Member

Yes the 2 was for illustration purposes you could set the variable to bandanna or pretzel, or 2951 if you wish

5. jimdroid

jimdroid Android Expert

I would avoid using "pretzel" as that might be a future Android reserved keyword, especially if it is coated in chocolate.

6. Yerune

Yerune Lurker

Great, thanks guys. Just set 2 to 1 again when the power is above 10 percent (and power attached) or so, and problem solved!