• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tasker data sync profile

oOMavrikOo

Android Expert
Aug 30, 2010
Is there a way to setup a Tasker profile to sync all data during one interval at my own determined times of the day? That way each app and widget doesn't sync on their own, causing drain on the battery. I'm a Tasker newbie and really have no idea how to use it. A detailed setup would be nice if someone has one ;)

If you wanted to do it once a day the quick and dirty would be (Someone may be better than I)

Context: Time
On Profile load Tasks:
Sync On
Apps (Open all applications you want to load (Facebook, Weather, etc)
Wait 10min (This will allow everything to activate)

Exit Tasks:
Sync Off (note this will Turn off your e-mail (gmail only, Im not sure) as well)
Apps (Exit all aps you opened with the Profile)

edit: it's come to my attention that app killing is iffy in 2.2

Upvote 0
Tasker cannot force apps to sync. It can only turn on/off auto-sync. It would be up to each app (and your settings within them) to notice that auto-sync is on and start an update.

There is an app called Synker, which works as a Tasker plugin, that can force syncing of many apps though. So I'd suggest looking into that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones