1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tasker For Beginners

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by GTurn, Jul 24, 2013.

1. GTurn

GTurn Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 3, 2012
    Male
    Dallas, TX
    I am doing this thread for a couple reasons. Some of my colleagues and friends want to learn Tasker so instead of trying to address them individually i am writing tutorials for absolute beginners first and plan to get more advanced as i go. The other reason is that with all the info about tasker available people still seem to have trouble getting started. I hope to make these very easy to follow and understand. I also hope to consolidate a lot of different tutorials into one thread. I will be providing links to other guides and tutorials partly because it will make it easier for me and partly because I don't want to infringe on someone else's work.
    The article below is the best article I have found for beginners. before you try to do anything with tasker I would highly recommend reading at least this article.

http://www.pocketables.com/2013/05/beginners-guide-to-tasker-part-1-5-tasker-basics-new-ui.html

all of my examples are going to be with the new user interface which requires Android 4.0 and above. if you're using the old user interface and you have questions about my tutorials let me know and I will do my best to work you through it.

Advertisement

D-U-R-X likes this.
  2. GTurn

GTurn Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 3, 2012
    Male
    Dallas, TX
    before we start the tutorials we need to make some changes in the settings menu. with Tasker open let's open our settings menu by pressing the menu button on our phone. we then need to untick beginner mode. this will allow us to do much more with tasker and pretty much every tutorial you will find you will beginner mode off

We then need to go to the Miscellaneous section and set tasker to backup.

Attached Files:

3. GTurn

GTurn Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 3, 2012
    Male
    Dallas, TX
    SYNC TASKER TO DROPBOX

I wanted to start off with this tutorial because there's nothing worse than losing all of your information that you have worked on because you lost your phone, you accidentally deleted your whole entire file system, your SD card gets corrupted, etc.

You will need these additional apps.
    Dropbox
    Dropsync

To be continued.

D-U-R-X, kisby and Pinmac1 like this.