• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tasker Forum request

An Angry Birds Seasons sub-forum would be much appreciated also, I can never seem to kill enough of those damn pigs!!

OK, I get your point. :)

However, joking aside, the difference between Angry Birds and Tasker is that Angry Birds is a cross-platform game, available to both iOS and Android, whereas Tasker is an Android-specific platform which enhances the unique abilities of Android.

A Tasker forum would not simply be about learning to use an app, but rather about sharing and developing our own profiles and producing our own apps, pushing the functionality of our Android devices further, and finding solutions to common problems found across the devices of all manufacturers.

Reactions: Flumme
Upvote 0
Okay along these lines how about a "Smart Actions" Sub Forum in the Motorola forum? It does much of what Tasker does and now comes on all Moto phones.
Actually looking at it from that point of view a few select forums on complicated apps that if set up correctly can improve every ones experience sounds like a good idea, the problem is what is the criteria going to be to keep request from growing into thousands of new forums?

Upvote 0
Whatever you think tasker does, you're not even thinking at 1%. This is the royal you, not anyone specifically. Anyone who doesn't own tasker really. Most of us who own tasker, still probably don't understand 10% of its capability.

When Dautley says smart actions does much of what tasker does, he is really saying it does much of the 1% people think tasker can do.

This is why Tasker deserves a forum of its own.

Upvote 0
I have to say that I like the idea of a Tasker forum. I bought the app long ago and use it here and there, but nowhere near it's full potential because it's a bit over my head. I'm far from a noob when it comes to Android, but this app is complicated (and powerful) enough that I don't quite get it. It would be very nice to have a place to come and learn up to date info on this that I don't have to search forever to find. Many places I have gone to after searching are a bit old/out of date. I can see such a section being quite popular and helpful to many members/lurkers here.

Just my 2

Upvote 0
Okay along these lines how about a "Smart Actions" Sub Forum in the Motorola forum? It does much of what Tasker does and now comes on all Moto phones.
Actually looking at it from that point of view a few select forums on complicated apps that if set up correctly can improve every ones experience sounds like a good idea, the problem is what is the criteria going to be to keep request from growing into thousands of new forums?

That is interesting and I didn't know that. But I guess the reason I didn't know that is because it's manufacturer-specific. This is the biggest difference I see; Tasker and other automation apps are Android-wide. I can see that Smart Actions would benefit from collected info in the same way as Tasker and so could be contained within a generic Android Automation forum. Is this perhaps what you are suggesting?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones