• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

tasker help needed

cubebuddha

Jun 10, 2010
Ok so im trying to make taker turn off screen rotation when I launch a specific app and turn it back on when I leave the app. Tasker isnt working, well frankly worth a shit. So Im asking how am i suppose to set it up to make it do its job.

So far I just have an Enter task to turn off rotation and an exit task to turn rotation on the app i have this working under the the market.

Ok so im trying to make taker turn off screen rotation when I launch a specific app and turn it back on when I leave the app. Tasker isnt working, well frankly worth a shit. So Im asking how am i suppose to set it up to make it do its job.

So far I just have an Enter task to turn off rotation and an exit task to turn rotation on the app i have this working under the the market.

What context did you use, and what app are you trying to apply this to?

Upvote 0

First, the exit task shouldn't be necessary, but there's no harm in having it. However, it can be helpful in troubleshooting, so I would leave it for now.

Second, try adding a Vibrate action to both the Enter and Exit Tasks, so you'll get some indication that they are (or aren't) running when expected.

Third, it sounds like you're using an Application context. It's possible that the app is loading and detecting the current rotation setting before Takser has a chance to change it. (I'm not sure if apps even work that way). To see if this is the case, try disabling the profile, and running the Enter Task manually using the Test button in the task editor, and then loading the app. To undo this, you can manually run the Exit Task the same way. You may also want to restart your device prior to this, to make sure the app is not still/already running on the device when you manually run the Enter Task.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones