• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

tasker help!!!!

scribble79

Aug 27, 2010
So I have been using Tasker for about 1-2 months and it is awesome, until last night.

I have a profile setup that no notifications other than phone calls come through when I have my charger connected. I call it bed time as that is the only time I plug in my phone for the most part.

I have the profile setup as follows:

ringer volume: 6
notification volume: 0
vibrtate on notify: off
vibrate on riger: off
silten mode: off

all set to activate on pwr.

I have not had a problem with its function until last night around 1:30 AM the phone started beeping with notifications of e-mails coming through.

I have no idea why and when I check to see if the profile was active it was and I had all other profiles turned off like I normally do.

I hope someone has some ideas???

So I have been using Tasker for about 1-2 months and it is awesome, until last night.

I have a profile setup that no notifications other than phone calls come through when I have my charger connected. I call it bed time as that is the only time I plug in my phone for the most part.

I have the profile setup as follows:

ringer volume: 6
notification volume: 0
vibrtate on notify: off
vibrate on riger: off
silten mode: off

all set to activate on pwr.

I have not had a problem with its function until last night around 1:30 AM the phone started beeping with notifications of e-mails coming through.

I have no idea why and when I check to see if the profile was active it was and I had all other profiles turned off like I normally do.

I hope someone has some ideas???

Any chance you've downloaded an app recently that may be conflicting with Tasker? Perhaps another app is trying to assert control over the notification volume. Just a guess..

Upvote 0
Any chance you've downloaded an app recently that may be conflicting with Tasker? Perhaps another app is trying to assert control over the notification volume. Just a guess..

Another app would be my guess too. When Tasker executes the Enter Task, it merely changes the settings at that time - it doesn't main the settings after that. So if something changes the settings after Tasker does, Tasker will not notice or care unless you have another profile to take care of that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones