• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tasker: How do you set a default profile?

Just got Tasker and want to make several location (gps) based profiles but how can I setup a default profile when I an not in and location radius?

Thanks guys.

You can set up exit tasks that run when you go out of the GPS zone you selected. If you save the task, you can use it for all of them. It isnt the same thing, BUT I think it will do what you are looking for.

Upvote 0
So 1 set of exit tasks would work everytime I stepout of the coverage area?

Do I set up a profile of exit tasks?

ok, set up a task that does all the things you want it to do when you exit the area. Save it as "not in area"

Go to the profile you set up....... click on the right side.... click on "Add exit task"........ find your task.... save .... apply

Then do this for each of your coverage profiles.

Upvote 0
With current technology, is it possible to detect elevation?

I work in an office building and travel throughout. I would like to turn WiFi on when im in MY office and within range.

But i travel throughout the building often and im not in range.

What is my best option to automate the wifi toggle in this situation?

Upvote 0
All you have to do is create a time based profile that runs during the day with the default settings that you want. When another profile runs, it will overwrite the default settings. When the other profile stops, the default settings will take effect. I have a default profile that runs from 7:00 AM until 11:00 PM. I have a night profile that runs during the other times.

Upvote 0
With current technology, is it possible to detect elevation?

I work in an office building and travel throughout. I would like to turn WiFi on when im in MY office and within range.
Elevation is part of GPS positioning but GPS isn't useful in most instances in buildings. Frequent polling of your position via GPS is also a great way to kill your battery.

Read the Location Without Tears document on the Tasker site. I'd suggest using Cell Near to trigger periodic WiFi scanning or something like that as a strategy.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones