1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tasker NFC question

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by bobbo21, Jul 13, 2013.

1. bobbo21

bobbo21 Lurker
    None

Jul 13, 2013
    Hello

I just got some NFC tags and started making profiles for tasker using them. I want a profile for my car that turns on gps and starts up waze. The profile is simple enough...I attached an nfc tag to my car dock, so the triggers are the scanning of the nfc tag and that the power is plugged in.

The problem I'm having is setting up an exit task. When the power is unplugged (when I'm leaving the car), I want waze to close and gps off. I can do that just fine, but if I plug my phone in at home, the profile becomes active again. I'm assuming that the phone is retaining the last NFC id that it read.

I know I can solve this easily using another tag, but I'd like to use only 1 if possible to keep this profile simple. Is there anyway to clear the last read NFC data from the phone? I'm using a rooted galaxy s3 on android 4.1.2. I don't use any bluetooth devices in my car, so I can't use that as a more reliable trigger.

Thanks

Advertisement

2. userloser

userloser Newbie
    None

Jan 15, 2013
    make reading the tag a toggle, and swipe it twice - when you get into the car, and when you get out of it.

3. XplosiV

XplosiV Master X is Watching You
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    Male
    UK
    In Tasker add a trigger for cell near (imo more reliable than location when set up)

Profile car

State > phone > cell near /press scan and walk around your house to scan for cell towers, you may need to do this several times.

Once you have the tower data, tick invert and you should be done. As soon as your out of range of any listed towers the profile should activate.

You can achieve the same thing using Wfi connected (inverted) so as soon as your out of range of your home wifi, it'll trigger

4. FezzikTheGreat

None

Aug 16, 2013
    I would recommend having the profile that starts with the NFC tag add a Variable of your choosing lets say:

%incar = yes

so the context of that profile would look for two things

When you unplug from power have that variable cleare

Profile: NFC Set Var
    Context: NFC tag
    Action: set variable %incar = yes

Profile: on Power
    Context: Plugged in & %incar = yes
    Action: clear variable %incar
    start waze
    etc
    etc

This way when its plugged in it looks for the %incar variable to be YES, then it runs the waze and clears the variable so when you unplug the variable is null. If you plug in at home it looks for the variable to be YES before launching waze, this condition would fail and the action would stop.

Not sure if this makes sense, at work trying not to get busted not doing work.