1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tasker probs

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by d500, May 3, 2012.

1. d500

d500 Lurker
    None

May 3, 2012
    Hi all,

First time posting here... thought I've tap into your extensive knowledge!

I've been loving Tasker but I think I may have bitten off a little more than I can chew. I had been getting repeated promo calls from the same company so I thought I'd be a bit mischievous and use tasker to always divert them back to their own company.

Anyway, instead what now happens is that I whenever I make any call it just diverts me to that company while still allowing them to call me. So I thought I'd just delete the profile, but it's still doing it. If I turn off tasker it stops, but I don't really want to lose the use of the app.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers.

Advertisement

2. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled
    None

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Software Engineer
    Between Imladris and Lothl
    Welcome to the forum!

What specifically does your profile do to redirect the calls? What are the steps? It's weird that the calls keep getting redirected even when the profile is deleted. Maybe if I understand how you did your magic, I can recreate it on my phone and work through this.

3. UncleMike

UncleMike Android Expert
    None

Nov 15, 2009
    Central NJ
    If you used the Call Divert action in the task for your profile, it's likely that your profile included an event context; the end result being that the Call Divert setting was not undone.

To undo this, just open Tasker and tap Menu > More > Run an Action, and choose Phone > Call Revert.

Actions that are automatically undone by Tasker when a profile exits (these actions are designated by a cog icon) are not undone if the profile uses an "instant" context (an event context, or a repeating time context).

4. d500

d500 Lurker
    None

May 3, 2012
    Thanks for the welcome!

You were spot on Mike, worked a treat, thank you.