1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tasker profile not changing In-Call volume - frustrated!

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by 6StringDave, Sep 19, 2011.

1. 6StringDave

6StringDave Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 3, 2011
    I am happily using Custom Car Home when driving, but I have a bit of a conflict. While I find the In-Call volume to be a bit too loud when set on maximum in most situations, I won't be able to hear anybody unless it's set this way while it's in speakerphone mode and I'm behind the wheel. I would create a context based on the speakerphone activation, but Tasker gets no signal for this. So I have Volume Control+ Pro set the In-Call volume to 3, while a Tasker context should have it raised to 5 while I'm using Custom Car Home (which auto-enables the speakerphone, but not the volume). The problem is is that this context is not working. It goes

CONTEXT App->Custom Car Home

TASK Audio->In-Call Volume 5

The volume has remained on 3 whenever my phone rings, or I make a voice call through Vlingo while in Custom Car Home. It doesn't seem to matter whether I have Volume Control+ Pro locking down the volume either, and I would think that Tasker would take precedence when it works right, but I tested for this anyway - negative.

Why should this not work, and what other solutions are there?

Advertisement

2. adskankster

adskankster Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 25, 2011
    IT
    Sheffield
    Have you tried running the action on its own? This will test that the profile is getting activated. Try it with Volume Control+ both running, and not running.

It could be that Volume Control+ is overriding the Tasker setting. What happens if you kill VolumeControl+ at the start of the Action?

If Tasker won't change the in call volume at all, I'd check with the Tasker discussion group - Pent's normally fairly responsive about this sort of thing. He's always responded to me, anyway.

3. UncleMike

UncleMike Android Expert
    None

Nov 15, 2009
    Central NJ
    The problem is likely that once you are receiving or making a call, you're no longer in the Custom Car Home app. So Tasker changes the in-call volume to 5 when it sees Custom Car Home as the foreground app, but when a call comes in (or you make a call), Custom Car Home is no longer the foreground app, and Tasker sets the in-call volume back to its previous value.

Although Tasker has a variable that you can use to determine the current speakerphone setting, you can't use this as a context since it's not monitored. You could try triggering based on going off-hook and then conditionally setting the in-call volume:

Context: Phone offhook
    Task:
    In-call Volume 5 If %SPHONE ~ on
    In-call Volume 3 If %SPHONE ~ off

Each time you go off-hook your in-call volume will be set based on the current status of the speakerphone.

adskankster likes this.