• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tasker Profile runs but then stops after 10 minutes or so.

Midjet

Lurker
Mar 3, 2012
I have setup a few simple profiles to turn BT, Data and GPS off when I arrive home and when phone connects to my Home Wifi.
I am wondering if it is the phone that's the problem as the same profile seems to work fine and remains active on my wifes phone Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
My phone is Redmi Note 4, the profile will run if I put BT data on etc and then connect to home wifi, but then it stops running so if I leave home the other profiles won't kick in or if I manually turn wifi off.
My profiles are as follows

Profile: Home BT And Data Off (4)
State: Wifi Connected [ SSID:Midjet 2.4/Midjet 5 MAC:* IP:* Active:Yes ]
Enter: Anon (5)
<BT off>
A1: Bluetooth [ Set:Off ]
<Data off>
A2: Mobile Data [ Set:Off ]
A3: Secure Settings [ Configuration:GPS Disabled Timeout (Seconds):0 ]

Profile: Not HOME DATA ON (12)
State: Not Wifi Connected [ SSID:Midjet 2.4/Midjet 5 MAC:* IP:* Active:Yes ]
Enter: Data on (3)
A1: Mobile Data [ Set:On ]

Profile: Not Home BT on (14)
State: Not Wifi Connected [ SSID:Midjet 2.4/Midjet 5 MAC:* IP:* Active:Yes ]
Enter: BT On (2)
A1: Bluetooth [ Set:On ]

In a nutshell if I open tasker and run the Home profile it will do as it is designed but it doesn't remain active so when I leave home the others don't kick in.
It actually remained live for about 25 minutes and actually switched to away from home when i took the dogs out for a walk but was no longer running by the time i got home

Any help would be much appreciated

Last edited:
In
Settings | Preferences | Monitor
if
Run in Foreground
is on ... turn it off.

What version of Android is each phone using? Is either phone root-ed? More recent versions of Android do not allow Mobile data manipulation unless you are root-ed.

... Thom
Hi Thom
I've tried it with Run in Foreground off and on, no obvious difference.
It's android Marshmallow MIUI 8.2.5.0 It is rooted and runn PHH's superuser
As stated above the tasks all work when the thing is running, it's just keeping it running that's the problem.
I have actually found a work around though now and I guess this will be the best I can hope for, I will add it below in case anyone else has the same problem
  • First Open the App which You want to lock
  • Then Press The Home Button
  • Open the Recent App ie. The task manager From left Hand side Capactive Button
  • Then Swipe the App Downward which you want to lock
Don’t Swipe in Upward Otherwise It will Kill The app So Swipe It Downward
  1. If you are Using MIUI 7 Then The app Will lock Indicating by lock sign on the app
  2. If you are Using MIUI 8 Then Two Option will Appear Out Of which Choose Lock
If you Kill all app at a time the app which you have lock will not be kill. It will Remain In the task manager

UPDATE
While the above works, it then blocked the smooth running of OK Google as it was in locked mode.
Fortunately, for me, Xiaomi also have another built in option called App Lock, found in Settings right at the bottom of the list , above the About phone tab. I just locked Tasker there and so far Tasker remains active AND OK Google works so I can hands free phone home.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones