• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tasker profile won't work with long waits

gwi

Jun 24, 2010
Hey tasker experts. Don't ask me why, but I'm trying to make a profile, so that when I press a widget button, I get alerted exactly a few hours later, and then an hour after that, and then once again later. This all works very fine when I test it with only 30 second waits, but as soon as I change it to the intended few hour intervals it won't work. I can only assume the device goes into standby if I wait too long which is why the task won't finish.

Is there a way to do this all without using "Wait 2h" commands? I'm thinking of something like a variable time context, but that doesn't seem to be an option. Or simply somehow scheduling tasks to run at a certain time from another task. I can't really use the keep awake function because my phone would be active for hours on end.

The current release version of Tasker (1.0.9) can do what you're describing - fall asleep during a wait. At this point the timer is no longer monitored. I assume this is because the waits were initially intended for brief pauses in a task. This issue has been known (to the developer) for quite a while, but required a significant amount of work to address.

The next version of Tasker (1.0.10, currently in beta) addresses this issue. I don't have any info on a release date though.

Upvote 0
Can someone tell me how to set it so I get a popup window when I get mail? Or eBay messages? I have it set once I open the apps but I want it as a notification when something new comes in.

The closest thing in the current version of Tasker is using the K9 Email Received context, but you need to be using the K9 mail client to do this. Future versions of Tasker will be able to use notifications as a context, but whether you can use them or not will depend on the consistency of the notification text.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones