1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

tasker profile

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by kann, May 6, 2018.

1. kann

kann Lurker

If my android galaxy s6 edge plus is damaged is there anyway to retrieve my profiles and tasks from tasker?

Advertisement

2. Maybe. It depends on what "damaged" means in this instance? o you have access to the screen? Does it respond to screen touches? If it does you might be able to do a three dots/Data/Backup.

... Thom

3. kann

kann Lurker

No, I can't access the touch screen or homepage. If a forensic recover of my files on my phone was done to retrieve data, would there be any profile or tasker files stored in my phones files?

4. I don't have an absolute answer. My guess is that you cannot recover them. If you find a way to do it I hope you will pass it on.

Do you perhaps have a file at ...
    /Tasker/configs/user/backup.xml
    ... this is the default backup location.

For others who have not been nailed yet ... it is always a good idea to create a total backup of your Tasker Projects, Profiles, Tasks, and Scenes using the built-in backup/restore facility.

... Thom

#4 Thom, May 6, 2018
    Last edited: May 6, 2018
    Xavier Black likes this.
  5. kann

kann Lurker

When the data is saved in tasker, what is the name of the folder or file in which that data is saved on your internal hard drive?

6. When data is manually saved it is saved as an XML file in the /Tasker folder.

The manual three dots/Data/Backup goes to ...
    /Tasker/configs/user/backup.xml

You can select a Project, Profile, or Task and do an Export/XML to Storage and it will store it in the projects, profiles, or tasks folder with a unique name.

Where the Tasker stores data internally is unknown.

... Thom

7. Dušan1

Dušan1 Lurker

8. Is there a question?

... Thom

Tasker (Download)