• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

tasker profile

I don't have an absolute answer. My guess is that you cannot recover them. If you find a way to do it I hope you will pass it on.

Do you perhaps have a file at ...
/Tasker/configs/user/backup.xml
... this is the default backup location.

For others who have not been nailed yet ... it is always a good idea to create a total backup of your Tasker Projects, Profiles, Tasks, and Scenes using the built-in backup/restore facility.

... Thom

Last edited:
Reactions: Xavier Black
Upvote 0
No, I can't access the touch screen or homepage. If a forensic recover of my files on my phone was done to retrieve data, would there be any profile or tasker files stored in my phones files?
Maybe. It depends on what "damaged" means in this instance? o you have access to the screen? Does it respond to screen touches? If it does you might be able to do a three dots/Data/Backup.

... Thom
I don't have an absolute answer. My guess is that you cannot recover them. If you find a way to do it I hope you will pass it on.

Do you perhaps have a file at ...
... this is the default backup location.

For others who have not been nailed yet ... it is always a good idea to create a total backup of your Tasker Projects, Profiles, Tasks, and Scenes using the built-in backup/restore facility.

... Thom
When the data is saved in tasker, what is the name of the folder or file in which that data is saved on your internal hard drive?

Upvote 0
When data is manually saved it is saved as an XML file in the /Tasker folder.

The manual three dots/Data/Backup goes to ...

You can select a Project, Profile, or Task and do an Export/XML to Storage and it will store it in the projects, profiles, or tasks folder with a unique name.

Where the Tasker stores data internally is unknown.

... Thom

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones