• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tasker profiles for Atrix car dock

nemesiz

Jan 29, 2011
I am trying to create a tasker profile to launch GPS, bluetooth, start playing music when I place the phone in the car dock. Also, would like to turn off GPS, blutooth, music when I take it off. Right now it continues to play music even when I take the phone off the dock. I tried the "docked" state in tasker but that context doesnt seem to be working. Any others have any success with this?

Same with mine. Tasker deos not seem to work with the stock Motorola dock app

Because I don't have an official car dock I have been experimenting with Tasker and the Motorola car dock app; I was trying to get a similar setup as the one I had with Tasker on my N1.
Personally I didn't get on with the Motorola car app at all, so I've adapted by creating a Zoom widget for my main home screen that is hidden when I'm not connected to my car bluetooth.
It's a shame that the standard Google car dock app isn't available for the Atrix..

Upvote 0
Not something I wanted to hear. I just order the Motorola Car Dock yesterday.

However, the 'Docked' State does work with my Motorola Atrix Standard Dock. I have it go the a certain screen(optimized for Landscape). Set the Media Volume (I have amplified speaker hooked to it), lower the brightness and increase the display Timeout setting. All goes back(Exit Tasks) when I unplug it from the Standard Dock.

Shame it doesn't work with the Car Dock though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones