1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Tasker profiles (Revised)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Incakola, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Incakola

Incakola Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 1, 2012
    Student
    Lake Worth, FL
    Here are some tasks that I made and based off others that I think helps with the android experience. I'll leave a brief description of what each does:
    NOTE: some of these tasks are dependent on each other.

1) Name: Screen Off Hibernate Lock.
    When its active: when screen turns off.
    Action: Auto-hibernates with the greenified app (may be a donor feature I don't remember) then it waits 10 minutes after a hibernate and wait until another time the screen turns off to then hibernate once more. I added the wait time because the phone tends to lock up for a few seconds without this wait time added.

2)Name:Sync Ever 20 Min.
    Active: From 6am-12am of your respective timezone.
    Action: Syncs every 20 min by turning on Auto-Sync, data, wifi, and GPS for 25 seconds then turns everything off. I added exemptions to prevent it from turning off data and wifi off if the screen is on or if your playing music (music utilities app dependent). Also added a variable to decide to shut off WiFi if data the only source that is connecting to the net.
    +NOTE: needs the "WiFi checker" profiles and its assigned tasks.

3)Name: Music.
    Active: when a music app is currently trying to stream music online.
    Action: turns data on and sets a local variable to "on". When it detects the music player is no longer streaming it will wait 4 min to then turn off data and set the local var to "off".

4) Name: viper4android fix+media autoplay+auto volume when plugging jack in (too long name, named it "." instead).
    Active: when a jack is plugged into the phone.
    Action: Basically as soon the jack is plugged it autokills viper with root (this is my workaround to making viper "on" when music is playing) while setting media volume halfway (you can edit the val you want) then it autoplays whatever you were previously listening to in google music without touching anything.

Apps needed:
    Tasker
    Greenify
    Music Utilities
    Viper4android installed in system apps forlder
    (viper app is optional by the way)

There are profiles and tasks files, they both need each other to work according to descriptions I've posted above. It does not matter what order you import them in as long all the files are there in order to reach the desired function of the tasker task you wanted.
    https://app.box.com/s/30jnca4bjcdbmpl86u27

Advertisement

unicyclist likes this.
  2. Incakola

Incakola Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 1, 2012
    Student
    Lake Worth, FL
    Edit: Revised everything. Sync tasker will not interfere with Waze or Google maps.

Tags: