1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tasker ringtone shuffler help

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by themarcdog, Oct 8, 2011.

1. themarcdog

themarcdog Lurker
    None

Oct 6, 2011
    I'm trying to use tasker to shuffle ringtones and notifications. I'm using an LG Optimus T. Its shuffling the tones, but when some of them play, they only play for a split second before stopping. Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement

2. Achim

None

Oct 5, 2011
    The point of having a ringtone that sounds different from others' ringtones is that you can recognize by its sound that it is your phone that's ringing, when it does. To be able to recognize your own ringtone it needs to be reliably the same every time. Shuffle that ringtone and you will never recognize by its sound that it is your phone that's ringing. You will only know that it's your phone that's ringing when you see it light up. I.o.w. in that scenario a ringtone is totally useless, really just noise pollution, and only causes confusion all around. It also takes longer to answer calls.

3. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Android Expert
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    Male
    Private Security
    Seattle
    I use shuffle tone to change my ringtones. Works great and I love it, have been using it for over a year!

4. UncleMike

UncleMike Android Expert
    None

Nov 15, 2009
    Central NJ
    If you're talking about this profile from the Wiki:

Changeringtone - Tasker Wiki

The problem might be that it's changing the ringtone based on the Phone Ringing event - when the phone is actually ringing. Try changing the context for the profile to Phone Idle instead. This way it will change the ringtone after completing a call, and not interfere with the actual ringing of the phone.