• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tasker to automate in-car tablet

focused313

Nov 30, 2010
Greetings all,

I've had tasker for some tie now and I still can't figure out how to make these seemingly basic profiles to work. In short, my acer a100 tablet is the head unit (stereo) in my car. It's connected from the headphone jack, into a volume control knob, into an EQ, that goes into the amplifiers, then into component speakers and subwoofers.

The tablet is constantly powered by a car adapter that goes on/off when I turn on the car.

I'm looking for three profiles, or atleast help setting them up that do the following...

• Turn on screen brightness to 255 (or full brightness) when the tablet is being charged; back to half brightness when it's not.

Turn display sleep mode completely off when tablet is being charged; back to 1 minute of inacitivity sleep when it's not.

Lastly, turn off the need to swipe/unlock the tablet when it's being charged.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure what the difference is between Stay On and Display Timeout never.

I thought I saw something about the values reverting when the Profile was no longer active but if not you need an exit task (long press on the task in the profile) to restore them.

Profile: Anon (10)
State: Power [ Source:Any ]
Enter: Test (8)
A1: Stay On [ Mode:With AC or USB Power ]
A2: Display Brightness [ Level:255 Disable Safeguard:Off Ignore Current Level:Off Immediate Effect:On ]
A3: Display Timeout [ Secs:* Mins:* Hours:* ]
A4: Keyguard [ Off ] not sure about this one but it might work. They recommend the screen be on and unlocked before using it.

Upvote 0
Set variable %tabletcar or something like this when power connected and not connected to home Wi-Fi (I am assuming you take tablet in rather than leaving it in car.)

Set profile when variable active

Tasks , as you have described above, screen as always on etc.

This way, if you choose to run other profiles that you only want when in car, you can always use the variable you create d

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones