• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tasker to delay GPS alerts on bluetooth

DocRocker

Lurker
Oct 23, 2014
Hi,
I've got two scenarios that I need help with.
I'm running WAZE app on my Galaxy note II.
I am using the ********** App to send my GPS alerts to my Car Bluetooth system through the phone audio channel instead of the Media channel. It interrupts my Car FM and plays the GPS alert and resumes the FM after announcing the alert. It has a Bluetooth (mono, dynamic) option to do this.
The only problem is the the first second of the alert gets clipped. Example "Turn right" becomes "..right".
I want to use tasker to add a delay to the alert so that this clipping does not occur. That is, wait for the phone to connect to the car audio, and then play the alert.

But when I use the Garmin Street Pilot App the audio does not relay in the Bluetooth mono dynamic mode but only in the Bluetooth mono mode.
But then the Car FM does not resume after the alert but remains in an extended call state till the mode is switched off manually.
Here, I want to use tasker to switch on ********** (in the bluetooth mono mode in the phone channel) via the ********** intents when an alert is due to play, delay the alert by about 2 seconds to allow connection, play the alert, and then switch off **********.

Any help on how tasker can be used to accomplish this would be helpful.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones