• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Tasker

Hey Jack,

Quick question, is it possible for my bluetooth connection to turn on once I turn on my headset and then when I turn off my headset for the bluetooth connection to disconnect.

tasker is the single best app on the market. anything you want to do with your phone, tasker will do it for you. seriously, tell me what you want to do, and I bet we can get a profile set up to do it

Upvote 0
ha. of course you ask something about bluetooth. I don't have any bluetooth devices, so I'm not too familiar with how it works, but let's see what we can do

when you say headset turns on, do you mean you're plugging something into the phone's headphone jack? or do you mean you're just turning on a seperate device that you want your phone to connect to?

if it's the former, then there is a tasker profile context under hardware for headset plugged that you can use; if it's the latter then it's going to be a little more complicated, because you'll have to use some other kind of context to trigger the profile, whether it be location based or application based etc

Upvote 0
tasker is the single best app on the market. anything you want to do with your phone, tasker will do it for you. seriously, tell me what you want to do, and I bet we can get a profile set up to do it
I went to the wiki and set up wifi to turn on and off at home and away,and turn on gps for maps....if you like to fiddle with stuff...this app is the sh%&! Would like to scale the cpu for certain things next....when i have some time,any tips appreciated

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones