1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tasks, are they Events in Andriod?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by bhavbhuti, Dec 24, 2011.

1. bhavbhuti

bhavbhuti Member
    None

Dec 7, 2011
    Hi all

Just today I became a proud owner of HTC Incredible S.

For recurring tasks on SunBird / Lightning I used Tasks to sync with my previous HTC Touch. On the phone I used to delete the completed task (not it's recurrence) as and when completed. Till then it used to show me as Overdue.

Now being new on HTC Incredible S and Android I am sure I missed something. My recurring tasks (esp. weekly ones) show up on the calendar (I am fine with that) but the completed ones I cannot delete, it deletes the full recurrence. And the overdue ones no longer appear in the widget. I hope to use MyPhoneExplorer to sync with SunBird / Lightning.

Please advise

Thanks and regards
    Bhavbhuti

Advertisement

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    They're connected. You can just ignore the previous if done. However I use Astrid to manage my tasks which works better. Once you mark a task as done, the recurrence is untouched.

3. bhavbhuti

bhavbhuti Member
    None

Dec 7, 2011
    Thanks Chanchan05. I found out that the recurrance was not set in SunBird due to the fact that FinchSync (to sync with my previous WM6 phone) was not able to handle recurrance. I can now properly set recurrance in SunBird and never a bother.

Though there is one problem, if the Task, though recurring, is deleted from the MPE Task widget, all the recurrance gets deleted from SunBird. So the deletions have to be done from SB and not MPE.

Thanks and regards
    Bhavbhuti