• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Tasks in Google Calendar for Android?

I just saw on my desktop PC "Tasks" (new) in Google Calendar and was curious if anyone knew if we can see these tasks somehow in our Android OS?

I did check the amazing web app (which uses Gears!!) for Google calendar and it did NOT have the "tasks" option.

Not at the moment (unless they're part of cupcake).

Keep in mind that the google website products are different than Android. They are worked on by different teams. So something that becomes available for Gmail, or Google Maps, or GCalendar now, will most likely NOT be available on Android until the group working on Android gets around to adding the functionality.
Having used google products for several years now, it's not a question of "if" they will improve or expand features, it's a question of "how soon?"

Upvote 0
@ wilbur - as stated I am not familiar with tasks in gmail, so they might sync up which is way cool

@punk - I agree 100% precent

I was just further playing with this tool and found that the tasks tool creates a new calendar with less editing properties than a normal calendar but synced with the tasks list. I tried adding that calendar in Android "view calendar" but it "today" is not an option, but maybe in the near future.

I then tried via the web browser on the g1 to see the tasks calendar and no dice.

Even odder...after adding some appts in my desktop view, they were immediately synced with my g1 calendar but not with my g1 web view of the calendar, even an hour later.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones