• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tasks/reminders

illenicK

Jul 23, 2019
Hey guys is there a way to get the reminders to pop up as a notification at the time you set it too like on the iPhone? If tried more than once to set on I selected the time and double check notification settings for the app and it still doesn't pop up... Not really much of a reminder if you have to go in the app Everytime to check what you wrote down.. I would just like a notification of what I need to remember at the time I set.. thanks!!!

Hey guys is there a way to get the reminders to pop up as a notification at the time you set it too like on the iPhone? If tried more than once to set on I selected the time and double check notification settings for the app and it still doesn't pop up... Not really much of a reminder if you have to go in the app Everytime to check what you wrote down.. I would just like a notification of what I need to remember at the time I set.. thanks!!!

There is a very simple app that does that. You can set multiple timers, with different labels and different sounds and they all will pop up. The timers go from seconds to 99 hours. It's called Kitchen Timer. Support is great too.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.maxxt.kitchentimer
If you need reminders for days in the future, I use a calendar app.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
My calendar is extremely customizable. You make it as complex or simple as you like. Support is excellent. Its called Pimlical. It isn't free but worth every penny.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pimlicosoftware.PimlicalA
(I don't get kickbacks, I'm just a beta tester.)

Screenshot_20190728-144721.png

Upvote 0
I've been using Calengoo since forever and really like it. Customizable widget and tons of options. I've never missed a reminder. They pop up and also have an alarm sound.
aCalendar+ is very nice as mentioned above.
There used to be a great reminder app, but, sadly it went the way of the dodo.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones