• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tattoo audio capabilities and other potential buyer questions

steevc

Lurker
Mar 26, 2010
I'm pretty close to buying a Tattoo. I need a new phone and this looks like an affordable way to get Android. One of my uses will be as an audio player in the car via the aux-in on my radio. I've used an old PDA for this in the past. I'm just wondering if this will stop me from being to answer calls. Can the internal microphone still work if a normal stereo lead is plugged in? If not, can I use a Bluetooth headset? Or do I need some special cable? I may also use it as a sat-nav. It looks like my car (Hynundai i10) may have a coating like that of my Zafira that reduced GPS signal. With my old PDA's GPS I could plug in an external GPS aerial to compensate for that. It doesn't look like the Tattoo offers that option. Is the GPS sensitive enough to work anyway? I also want to protect my phone. Any recommendations on cases/covers and screen protectors? Thanks

I've used mine a few times to play music through the car and still been able to answer calls coz the call audio'll come through the car speakers and it'll automatically go to speaker for the microphone. I've never had any problems with the gps working in the car either, but mine's a Volvo and I don't know about any coating that would reduce the signal.

I haven't got any protection on mine at the moment but I have thought about getting a screen cover for mine but just haven't got round to it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones