• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Tattoo is stuck at the "TATTOO" screen and won't boot properly

Hey, my newly bought Tattoo became unbootable a few days ago.

It worked perfectly fine two days ago, then it started to randomly reboot itself, but after that, it became completely unbootable, as in, it was stuck at the "TATTOO" screen. The phone internals are completely untouched, no custom images, not rooted, no nothing, it's factory fresh.

The battery is full too, and I didn't install anything that could possibly have corrupted the bootloader (or whatever is failing to load).

I already tried to wipe the user data _TWICE_ (using HOME + BACK + POWER) with no success. I'm also perfectly able to get into HBOOT (using VOLDOWN + MENU + POWER), and connect via usb (using "FASTBOOT USB" from HBOOT). However, I can't completely wipe the cache with fastboot.exe from the android-sdk, since it doesn't allow it: "erasing 'cache'... FAILED (remote: not allow)".

I really appreciate any help, I just got this phone, and I really don't want to buy a new one (I can't return it, it's a used one...) :(

1. Is it a custom rom? If so you can always reinstall it.
2. If its a stock rom, you can get your rom image from shipped-roms[dot]com and try to reinstall it. make absolutely sure that you download a rom for your region tattoo (tattoo is listed as click on the site). seniors can help you with the procedure.
3. If it sounds too scary, the service-center it :)

Upvote 0
1. Is it a custom rom? If so you can always reinstall it.
No, or to be precise, I don't know. since I've got it, I haven't modified it in any way, so I suppose it's still the original rom.

2. If its a stock rom, you can get your rom image from shipped-roms[dot]com and try to reinstall it. make absolutely sure that you download a rom for your region tattoo (tattoo is listed as click on the site). seniors can help you with the procedure.
3. If it sounds too scary, the service-center it :)
Apparently shipped-roms DOT com seems to be down, or at least the Tattoo roms are missing (a google search doesn't show up anything) :(

Upvote 0
Yeah, well, I already found the Link. However, I can't apply any of the roms, since fastboot doesn't allow me to modify the memory. :(

hi
the file is a Exe u need to connect ur phone through usb and flash it from ur PC try connecting ur phone and try the same i have not done it so any one who has done it has to guide u on the same
im not sure i think u need to go to H boot usb toggle and do it
good luck:D

Upvote 0
HI all,
my htc tattoo dead. it can boot into recovery and Hboot.
i try difference methods that can googling like
1. fastboot cannot do anything it always return "remote: not allow"
Hboot SPL
CLICK PVT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-0.52.0001 (CLIC11000)
MICROP-0203
RADIO-3.35.07.20
Sep 22 2009,14:40:39
2. recovery from RUU 1.67 WW
rename rom.zip to CLICIMG.zip or CLICDIAG.zip

Hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones