• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tattoo Issues - Email and marketplace

ALIHISGREAT

Dec 25, 2009
So i've recently got a Tattoo but i'm having a few frustrating issues...

Firstly and most irritating is the fact i cannot download apps off the android marketplace on wifi or 3G. I click download but the progress bar just remains on 'starting download'

and secondly i can't connect email accounts properly... my hotmail connects and doesn't pick up my emails and i can't even connect my googlemail.com address.

Tattoo
Orange UK
Firmware 1.6

any ideas guys?

and one more question: will the tattoo work with a 16gb micro SD?

Thanks.

I've powered my phone on/off quite a few times since I got it. There is no Market icon on it. There is no way to download a Market icon to it. There is not way to download ANY app to it from the Android marketplace. It appears only phones that have the Market icon installed at the factory can use the Marketplace.

You probably got a malaysian tattoo, as I did. They come without Market and some other google integration. You can fix it by flashing with a WWE rom. There's a thread somewhere around here (you could probably look for it in my posting history) that has a download link and instructions.

edit: Here's a link to the post with instructions: http://androidforums.com/htc-tattoo/20498-unlocking-htc-tattoo-orange-uk.html#post132551

Upvote 0
Huh? Flash? Root? I'm leaving the country shortly. How can I trash my phone if I don't even have a way to back it up? Is there a way to backup a phone. I can't even get HTCsync installed on Win7 - get error messages. I can't get Astro which allows me to see my flash card. I can't seem to get anything downloaded to get started. All online help assumes you already have certain things installed on your phone.

What do mere mortals do when they can't get started? I've got 40 yrs on computers and this really angers me. People should be able to EASILY get apps into Android devices, regardless where they are located. These "Stupid" phones are portable for G***s sake. What on earth are manufacturers / Android trying to protect?

Until I see instruction that anyone can understand (I've written hundreds of help files) I am not about the trash my phone. How do I restore it if i DO trash it and create a brick?

Upvote 0
Windows 7 and sync

If you go to the htc website (HTC - Mobile Phones, Smartphones, Cell Phones, PDAs) there are updates to the snyc program that say they cure windows 7 problems. Go into the support tab, select your phone and then a download tab should appear with the most recent version of htcsync. I have vista so I cannot testify to if this works.

Not too sure about your other problems though. Astro I managed to download through android market which should come preinstalled on the phone.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0
Huh? Flash? Root? I'm leaving the country shortly. How can I trash my phone if I don't even have a way to back it up? Is there a way to backup a phone. I can't even get HTCsync installed on Win7 - get error messages. I can't get Astro which allows me to see my flash card. I can't seem to get anything downloaded to get started. All online help assumes you already have certain things installed on your phone.

What do mere mortals do when they can't get started? I've got 40 yrs on computers and this really angers me. People should be able to EASILY get apps into Android devices, regardless where they are located. These "Stupid" phones are portable for G***s sake. What on earth are manufacturers / Android trying to protect?

Until I see instruction that anyone can understand (I've written hundreds of help files) I am not about the trash my phone. How do I restore it if i DO trash it and create a brick?

If you've got 40 yrs of computer experience I'd expect you to know what flashing something or rooting something is.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones