• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tax bills in 2009 at lowest level since 1950...

However I totally disagree that humanity has learned from any of it's mistakes or that people are generally good. Humans are disgusting, mean, greedy, hateful creatures. No other species does to each other what mean things the human mind comes up with. Also, if another civilization has done it before...where is this civilization?

For every act of evil deed done from one human being to another, there have been acts of good. During some period of time, acts of good numbered more than acts of evil, and in other times things are vice versa.

The key is we keep pushing ourselves for good. To just surrender and accept defeat is the worst evil of all. If we just surrender, we spit in the face of everyone before us who sacrificed their sweat and blood to give us what we have now. We toss aside the tears shed by those who lost loved ones so you and I can have this chance to even discuss our future. For all I know, we could fail at defending good. Civilization may crumble and many may die. But damnit, we have to fight nonetheless. We owe that much to the many people who lie in graves on Iwo Jima, Arlington, the nearby memorial park. We owe that much to regular hard working folks who toil the fields and work in the mines and factory to build our nation.

Other civilizations have indeed failed. And humanity continues to commit acts of horror this very minute. But again, like I said before, I will push on with hope. And hopefully, enough others will push on as well.

Upvote 0
I don't see your so-called "tea party people" as anything more than a small subsection of the the hard-line Republican base.

I'm offended that the "tea-party" people are lumped in with republicans. I refuse to choose a side. I vote based off of the issues I support or don't support. I don't care about party. Even though we have "representatives" in government they no longer do the will of the people....taxation with out representation. Once these guys get elected they do the will of the parties and corporations.

Do you realize that there are several corporations that do not pay any taxes at all (GE)? How about all the tax breaks these companies get even though they are outsourcing jobs to other countries?

We have been divided and fight amongst ourselves. If you don't see a problem with this, God help you comrade.

Upvote 0
I'm offended that the "tea-party" people are lumped in with republicans.

But...most of them are Republicans, as indicated in a recent legitimate survey, which ID'd 80% as Republicans. And they vote Republican. Further, their "candidates," such as they are, vote under the aegis of the GOP.

Even Rand Paul, who says he is a libertarian, claimed he was a tea partiy guy, though he also ran as a Republican. Rand is turning out to be a fun guy to watch...
dash3.gif

Upvote 0
Exactly. My husband refuses to claim Arnold as a republican. "Hey, look his whole family is a bunch of Kennedys!" "He just wanted to run and since the guy to run against was democrat, he chose republican."

I also told my better half that claiming people aren't "real" republicans, americans, what have you is going to be your undoing. There are no "real" democrats, republicans, whatever. There's just people and some of them are rich opportunistic jerks who don't care about anyone or anything but themselves.

PS: Hakr100, I haven't seen a legitimate survey since... well I'm still on the lookout for one. People answer and analyze surveys just like "Sean Connery" answers final jeopary questions on those SNL skits.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones