1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Tazz 7 blackened to Nonsensikal

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ericDylan, Sep 29, 2010.

1. ericDylan

ericDylan Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Full-time Student
    Atlanta, GA
    I have been having terrible battery life lately on tazz froyo 7 so I decided to find another rom. I chose nonsensikal (8.2) because it was a froyo rom and i like the black theme.

Anyone who has had or currently has nonsensikal, how is the battery life?

Advertisement

2. ToastPwnz

ToastPwnz Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    In my opinion the battery life is pretty good. I have issues with my battery life because I haven't done the full charge/wipe battery stats/kill/charge method and I get terrible signal in my school (where I use it most). When I'm outside of school my battery life is really good though. (I'm still running 7.0, need to update soon)

ericDylan likes this.
  3. lennyjew

lennyjew Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Calibration Technician
    Dublin, Ohio
    8.2 is running pretty good for me so far. I've got most of my widget syncs set to manual, e-mail set to hourly, and I'm running setcpu just for screen off, battery, and temperature profiles.

7.0 usually got me 18 hours with a decent amount of screwing around with my phone throughout the day. That's not entirely accurate though since it usually has at least 20-30% when I put it on the charging dock when I go to sleep, so you're actually probably looking at 20 some odd hours worth.

Hopefully 8.2 will be just as good.

4. ToastPwnz

Jul 20, 2010
    I keep my Beautiful Widgets set to sync every three hours I think, and the only other widget I have that updates is BatteryLife. I'm sure if I got better signal in my school, and took the time to do the charge/wipe/kill/charge method I would get a lot better battery life, but it isn't that big of a deal in my opinion.

Which one are you gonna go with eric? Vanilla, Blue or Black?

5. lennyjew

lennyjew Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Calibration Technician
    Dublin, Ohio
    Yeah, battery training helps a bit, but having you're phone constantly trying to grasp a week signal is never good for the battery life.

6. T-Keith

T-Keith Well-Known Member

May 1, 2010
    I haven't seen a big problem with it, but haven't really tried Tazz that much to compare.

7. Denny4530

Denny4530 Member

May 21, 2010
    North West TN
    I am currently running nonsensikal 7.0 and geting pretty good battery life. I have setcpu with profiles for screen off, temp., and low battery. I normally get 36 hrs on a single charge(with +20% left when I put it on the charger). However I don't use it much at work other than texting my wife or checking facebook. There is a thread over at the xda forums that talks about setcpu and the different profiles people have used. That is where I got my settings from.

8. ericDylan

ericDylan Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Full-time Student
    Atlanta, GA
    Decided to go with black. I just think it looks simpler with black rather than blue, which seems a little flashy for my taste.

now that i have had it for a while, I can say that the battery life is definitely better than tazz 7. I have also noticed a little speed difference in favor of nonsensikal.

I am really glad i decided to try it. Would definitely recommend!

9. ToastPwnz

Jul 20, 2010
    Yep I like black too, I don't really like the look of blue, and the vanilla ROM is just boring in my opinion.

10. Podivin

Podivin Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Jacksonville, Fl
    I've been on Nonsensikal 7.0 for about a week. This morning I unplugged my phone at 6:30 and did nothing with it, just put it in my pocket. However 3g, wifi and bluetooth are always on. When I'm at home it's connected to wifi there, when I drive to work (30 minutes) the BT connects to my car, when I get to work it connects to wifi. Here it is two hours later and I just looked at my phone, it's STILL showing 100 charged (I have the percentage of charge showing in the notification area).
    I'd say that's pretty good battery life. :)
    For a typical usage day for me, I'll still have 40 - 50% of the battery remaining when I plug it in at night, which is about 10% better than what I've seen on previous ROMs.

ericDylan likes this.
  11. Eris1981

Eris1981 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    I actually got 35+ when I forgot to charge it last weekend and I wasn't playing with it much. On an average day I get 18+ with some surfing, wifi and bluetooth always on. My GPS is off unless I need it, and I use the backlight set at 30% or so, the auto one has never quite worked the way I liked even stock, always slow to adapt.

My widgets are set to either manual or update every hour.

I am on 7.0 black because everything works very well.

ericDylan likes this.