1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General TB Review and Questions from former BB Devotee

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Gypsyjacket, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Gypsyjacket

Gypsyjacket Lurker
    Apr 1, 2011

Apr 1, 2011
    Greetings, New to the Board and Android in general, with the TB being my first non-BB phone. With that said, I am really blown away by the TB. I thought I had an idea as to the functionality of an android phone vs a BB, but I really didn't. I am constantly finding new things to adjust, tweak, and download. I can't imagine why anyone would want a BB anymore. -I have an ipod touch, but now that I have iSyncr, i don't think I'll use the ipod again. The TB is just so much better, and I can only assume that an iphone is very similar to the ipod. I sync'd with my company's exchange server VERY easily, didn't lose anything. All contacts, calendar, emails, etc. came through perfectly so that was nice. Likes: - sync'd well with exchange - tons of apps to play with and customize (weatherbug, angry birds, shopsavvy, green power, advanced task killer, drop box, isyncr) - love the navigation feature - love the voice recognition functionality Dislikes are few, but strong: - hard to read the screen outside - dislike the native SMS app, but it's okay - color on photos taken with camera are too red; need to spend more time with it - To forward an email, do I really have to hit "menu, more, and forward"?? You either reply, forward or delete an email. Those buttons should be right there. - i haven't figured out how to set custom notification profiles. For example, when i get home and on weekends I like to turn my work email sound off, but keep all else live. Also in meetings i like to get an LED notification for emails, but no sound. I pretty much leave the ringer and SMS notifications on unless I have everything set to silent. I just can't seem to change only the email notification to silent yet LED blinking. Am I missing something? Plus, i haven't decided on the whole screen cover thing. Thanks!