• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tbolt delayed until 28th?

I just called a friend of mine that works at BB in the mobile department and he said they still haven't heard a single word about it! He has ordered one too and is as anxious as the rest of us.

I then called several of the Verizon Stores in the area and the general consensus is the 24th. 1 told me that they know it's not too far in the future since they already have the dummy phones.

Upvote 0
It actually does not say it won't be on the phone, it says the FEATURE will not be available. So could it not be baked into the rom and just not activated? I did not see it say it would never be available tho.

Too try and put this one to rest. The Skype app will not be available untill at least the 28th and that date is straight from Skype. The phone will not have the app untill the 28th. So it will be getting Skype.

Also the chip the TB is using is the same one that is on the phone they demoed netflix on. It is more then likely that the TB will have netflix when netflix launches the app in a few month.

Upvote 0
Droid Life just tweeted that skype wont make it for launch so it looks like their is no more hold ups. My contacts say it's a go for the 24th for both Thunderbolt and the Xoom.

Edit: Also HotSpot will be available at launch as well

It's going to be an interesting week next week, hopefully they announce it Monday then since its not really a national holiday.

Here's hoping for the launch on Thursday and a 1 year contract :p

btw, Tech Addiction,

NCX = NemaCystX ;)

Reactions: Tech Addiction
Upvote 0
Well I guess it's time for me to call Verizon and "hope" they extend my 14 day trial until the 28th.... Since I'm a new customer I wonder if they'll let me if I "threaten" to go to AT&T and get the Atrix if they don't extend my trial a few more days.....

Hell I rather go back to Sprint, then AT&T but they got no good phone coming out this year and no Evo 2 anywhere on the map.......

Upvote 0
it feels like I have been waiting for a year for this phone. Could time go by any slower? I check for updates about 20x a day and am always disappointed lol

I'm going to be like this on launch date: "HTC THUNDER-BOLT!!! OMG!!!!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFlcqWQVVuU

Hmmm... wow and I thought I was the only one who did this. Lol I don't feel bad anymore. #teamTHUNDERBOLT

Upvote 0
Well I guess it's time for me to call Verizon and "hope" they extend my 14 day trial until the 28th.... Since I'm a new customer I wonder if they'll let me if I "threaten" to go to AT&T and get the Atrix if they don't extend my trial a few more days.....

Hell I rather go back to Sprint, then AT&T but they got no good phone coming out this year and no Evo 2 anywhere on the map.......

Good luck with that. I think that is why the release has been pushed back - so people's trials expire! (At least iPhone).

I think you will have better luck returning your phone, borrowing an old Verizon phone from someone and then getting the thunderbolt when it drops. (If your 14/30 days expires before the thunderbolt releases.)

Upvote 0
Apparently not coming out the 24th, but would like to know why reps have been apparently telling folks at some stores that it is coming the 24th when per my regional sales rep for the company I work at and nobody else at Verizon corporate stores where I live HAS A CLUE WHEN IT IS COMING OUT.

Seems people are confusing devices, or some folks here are hearing what they want to hear:

VZW: Hello!
Customer: Is the TB coming out the 24th?
VZW: We have no information that it is or is not.
Customer: So there IS a chance?!
VZW: Errr, I guess, but...
Customer hangs up quickly and then translates the answer to "It IS coming out on the 24th since the rep "said" so!"

Think this sums it up well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA

Reactions: vzwuser76
Upvote 0
I dont know if any of you guys heard or read anywhere but the thunderbolt has been delayed yet again! I work for best buy and our verizon rep came into the store yesterday as well as sent an emailing say that the thunderbolt has been delayed until the 28th but this should be the confirmed release date!

She also stated that she heard from other reps that skype mobile will no longer be on the phone at all. She isnt sure if its a problem on skypes side or verizons or htc. Now this she wasnt 100% sure on but atleast what she told us!

Just wanted to let everyone know if they already didnt!

i'd have to admit that your vzw rep is looking more and more credible as the days pass;)

Upvote 0
Seems more than obvious the 24th is not happening for a few reasons:

1. No clue by any VZW folks yet (some exceptions, but please refer to the video above).

2. VZW announced the Xoom IS releasing on the 24th, so why not also mention the TB?? Because it is probably NOT releasing on the 24th (of course).

Regardless of other reasons for the TB not coming on the 24th, seems VZW wants focus on the Xoom for the 24th and not another device.

Upvote 0
Seems more than obvious the 24th is not happening for a few reasons:

1. No clue by any VZW folks yet (some exceptions, but please refer to the video above).

2. VZW announced the Xoom IS releasing on the 24th, so why not also mention the TB?? Because it is probably NOT releasing on the 24th (of course).

Regardless of other reasons for the TB not coming on the 24th, seems VZW wants focus on the Xoom for the 24th and not another device.

Just got word that when I get my stock I wont be able to activate them till the 28th.

Reactions: leehblanc
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones