1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General TBolt Shortages? Preorders?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jaydroid88, Feb 23, 2011.

1. jaydroid88

jaydroid88 Member
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    Student (Business)
    Los Angeles, CA
    Do you guys think that BB and Verizon will not have enough stock to meet the demand? Also does anyone know if Verizon stores are doing preorders/holds or anything of the sort? I'd cry if I went in the day it came out and they were sold out. Then again how many people are willing to fork over $750 for a phone, or have an upgrade...

Advertisement

2. Cypressfunk

Cypressfunk Lurker
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    IT
    Nashville, TN
    I posted the below comments in another thread. Long story Short the VZN store set up an appoitment with me, and I asked him when I set up the appointment will this mean a unit is reserved for me. He said yes we will have a TB for you if you have an appointment.

Just called 2 differnet VZN stores in the Nashville, Tn area. Both said the 28th they plan to have it in the store and selling them. Both also said there have been delays in the release date a couple times as we all know. He offered to set up an appoitment on the 28th, so I gave him my name and # and scheduled an appointment for 11:30 on. He also said if anything changes he will call me to let me know of any delays. I asked how recent his information was and he said the last update on the release was yesterday afternoon. ..... /Grain of salt /Holding breath...... will call again tomorrow

3. jaydroid88

jaydroid88 Member
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    Student (Business)
    Los Angeles, CA
    I just called my Verizon store...They said they they aren't taking appointments until the release date is announced. He said that once the release date is announced they will be taking preorders. So basically shit out of luck until then. Why does Verizon enjoy toying with our psyche's? :(

4. jayishere

jayishere Android Expert
    None

Feb 10, 2011
    IT Sales, Best Buy Closing Manager
    Washington, DC
    because it's fun to them

5. willdogs

willdogs Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 7, 2009
    To Create a "Buzz" and a bit of "Controversy" which in turn = Free Advertising and Long Lines at launch.

My Bet is that they will announce the Thunderbolt Tomorrow for Feb 28th Launch Day. Mark My words.

jhsu123 and ckochinsky125 like this.
  6. jaydroid88

jaydroid88 Member
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    Student (Business)
    Los Angeles, CA
    There. They are marked. If this happens I will be ecstatic and if not, I will shit a perfectly rectangular brick.

jhsu123 likes this.
  7. moondrius

moondrius Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 29, 2010
    Baltimore MD
    What did you eat an iphone 4?

8. harrisk7580

harrisk7580 Lurker
    None

Feb 18, 2011
    I have been lurking these forums for a week or so keep utd on info..and i also believe that it will be released on the 28th.

then i will have the ultiphone!(as i tell ppl at work) lol

9. matt0715

matt0715 Guest
    None
    this is my online chat with best buy.FYI: i took my last name out because i didnt want to release it to public

Justin:
    Thank you for contacting Best Buy Mobile! My name is Justin and I'll be more than happy to
    help you out with any questions you have today. Just so you know, this chat will be
    monitored and recorded for quality purposes. Now to start off, can
    I get your email address and telephone number so that I can further assist both of us today?
    3:46 PM matthew :
    hello all i would like to know today is details on the htc thunderbolt. i heard from my local best buy that its coming out tomorrow. is this true?
    3:47 PM Justin:
    The release Date for that phone has been pushed back but we do not have the exact date.
    3:47 PM matthew :
    will it be this month?
    3:48 PM Justin:
    Yes
    3:49 PM matthew :
    ok. i pre ordered mine and if it doesnt come out by the 26th, can i still get the buy back program for free?
    3:52 PM Justin:
    Give me a couple minutes to figure that one out for you
    3:52 PM matthew :
    ok thanks!
    3:55 PM Justin:
    Since it is HTC that is pushing back the date unfortunately there would be nothing we can do about getting the buy back program for free if it does indeed come in after the 26th.
    3:56 PM :
    ohhh ok. thanks that is all i had to ask. have a good day!

i guess its htc?! maybe they are trying to get skype working for release

10. Filinator13

Filinator13 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    Boston, MA
    I went into a BB after work today (Downtown Boston MA) and asked some questions of the two mobile guys (sale rep and manager).

I asked if they were still accepting POs and the sales rep said he wasn't sure. But that they couldn't offer the buyback for free because the phone won't be out in time. The sales rep said that they only took about 12 POs so far. For comparison he indicated that they received about 50 iPhones when the iPhone recently launched and they had plenty of iPhones left over after on launch day.

Then it was like he was giving me too much info and the manager came over. He said that they were still accepting POs, didn't know when the phone will be released and it keeps getting pushed back, and they didn't physically have the phones or even a dummy unit. Then he said that if I did a PO at this stage in the game, they couldn't promise that I would get one on launch day.

It was just really odd, not like I expected my little visit to shed any light though.