• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

TBolt to GNex back to TBolt and now Rezound...

I love how everyone defends the nexus and makes it seem perfect because its the phone your holding.

Sound like apple fanboys...

I wonder how many of you have used the rezound for weeks.

I wonder who has had 4g phones before.

I had a Thunderbolt from launch day, so I would count, I imagine.

The nexus camera sucks compared to rezound. Plain and simple. You can say its decent its okay its not bad but to some people they want their phone to have best camera available.

No one ever claimed it was the best. Some people have claimed it's god-awful, which is a stretch. It's not perfect, but for a lot of people, it's more than fine. If you want something better, it's out there. No one said it was the best. For me, the camera isn't a total selling point; the phone as a whole package is.

You talk about bloat. Thats funny that my wifes rezound has an unlocked bootloader FROM HTC and has zero bloat on it. Omgmg you can even remove sense completely.

Bloatware accounts for installed software by mfr/carrier. Verizon VCAST apps, etc. This is stock, no rooting. With the Nexus, out of the box, I had a My Verizon app. That was it. And I can remove it if I want. I don't have to root, I don't have to hide it with a launcher. I just remove it, and it's gone. Other Verizon phones aren't set up that way, out of the box.

The external speaker sucks on the nexus. Loud and clear on rezound.

While it is not the best out there, it is perfectly fine in most situations I've encountered. It is light on some videos, but again, it was never said that it would be the loudest phone on the market. Just because others are louder, doesn't make the Nexus' speaker horrible.

4g is better on rezound as well. Dont kid yourself.

In which market, with what variables? These things affect many phones. I've seen countless speedtests and whatnot, that go back and forth with different phones winning in different tests by different people. I'm not saying that it is or isn't better in some areas, or which is. But it is a variable, and not the same for everyone.

The only thing the nexus has is sexy front with no logos or buttons and ics.

Faster updates? With root and roms that becomes null.

Not everyone wants to Root.

Get off your high horses thinking the nexus is the alpha male.

Not a lot of people have actually claimed it WAS. It is a very good phone, very well rounded. As with every single model phone out, it isn't for everyone, and is bound to have hiccups for some. My device has been flawless. Not everyone's has. But no one ever said "this is the bestest, newest, awesomest phone ever". Simply that it's a new phone, the first launched ICS phone, with good specs all around, and is a Pure Google device. Just like the NEXT ICS phone might be better in some areas, but I bet no one says that THAT one is the best either. Some people might think it personally, but I've yet to see one legitimate review saying "this phone is the best, that's it."

The rezound has a better hardware package then the nexus.

Spec-wise, sure. Again, different people's experiences will vary. Yes, the Rezound has a dual 1.5 vs the 1.2 in the Nexus. Again, to each, their own. And really, it's about the user experience. I could care less which processor is more powerful. If the phone is smooth, and everything, I don't care how they do it. It's another one of those things where different people testing, will have different results, so...take it as you will. If this is your sole buying decision, I feel for you.

And dont hate, im keeping my nexus. I just speak the truth.

Responses in Bold.

Reactions: jroc
Upvote 0
i seriously doubt some of those poster even had the device.
i read their post and if their claim is way off from FACTS, that gets rid of validation of their post.

I have no reason at all to doubt many of the posters who have had issues. It happens, nothing is perfect. Even though many of us haven't, and in this case, even the OP admits that it might have just been a flawed phone. Again, it happens, doesn't make them a liar or a troll trying to stir up trouble. Just means they had issues, and addressed them in a way they felt best for their usage - In this case, a different phone.

Reactions: csbarnhill
Upvote 0
To the guy who posted benchmarks and speed tests and think their true you are the guy who swears quadrant is the law.

To charlzo, im not talking about 4g speed test. Im talking about grabbing and holdung onto a 4g signal.

Tested next to 2 rezounds a thunderbolt and stratosphere and the nexus is only phone to drop to 3g in buildings. Getting 3g speeds of speed test.

I didnt say this phone wasnt good i did say i was keeping it.

Im just saying dont hate on someone who thinks its not the greatest phone ever which a lot not all of you do.

You people attack any person who says i dont like this about the nexus with i dont know what youre talking about i dont have that problem.

Im keeping my nexus. Even though i think the rezound is a better smartphone.

Upvote 0
anyway u werent using the term 'focus priority' as a camera term??
I wasn't using "focus priority" as a camera term but merely stating that the camera didn't care if it was focussed or not.
tell me the difference this and u just described on RELEASE PRIORITY??

If other camera phones don't have this option then they sure act like it. This is why they are all so slow such as the TBolt. The Rezound is almost as fast as the GNex in shutter lag but oh wait... it focusses before firing.

now.. Tbolt and rezound's camera is better cuz it autofocus better??? LMAO it keep changing stories.. o boy..
first.. noise on low light was issue the color saturation now.. u claim GNex's autofocus is an issue now?

If your "release priority" definition is correct in that only DSLR's can use focus priority then there must be a lot of unfocused images out there from all of the uncountable point and shoot camera.

there are many images of unfocused photo from even DSLR.
I use panasonic DMC-FZ7 (high end digital camera 5~6yrs ago) and i do get bad photos often when I set it everything on auto.
check this site
Your worst picture ever: Digital Photography Review

focus priority isnt the one determins quality of photo.. its just an option for some DSLR to prevent unfocused photo. (still it doesnt guarantee great quality of photo cuz there are many factors)

since u asked, i'll ask simple question (basic) about camera.
what's effective lens size of rezound? it wont take more than 1min for so called semi pro photographer.
I have iphone 4, Gnex.. Iphone 4 has 1.375mm, GNex has 1.225mm

Upvote 0
To the guy who posted benchmarks and speed tests and think their true you are the guy who swears quadrant is the law.

then you are gonna have to try hard to prove how unreliable benchmark tests are.
i'd put more faith on those benhmarks than just your words.
The rezound has a better hardware package then the nexus.

Upvote 0
then you are gonna have to try hard to prove how unreliable benchmark tests are.
i'd put more faith on those benhmarks than just your words.

Can we trust Smartbench 2011 scores? - Smartphone Benchmarks (SmartBench 2010/Quadrant) Forum

I dont just make stuff up guy

Google quadrant scores faked or benchmarks unreliable.

The radio is better on the rezound
The speaker is better on the rezound.
What makes the phone a phone is better on the rezound.
The camera is unaimously better on the rezound.

Keep going?

If you want to get technical with benchmarks feel free to pm me and i will show you more examples/facts

Upvote 0
I think both the phones are good...I went with the Rezound because there was things I liked better on the Rezound then the GN...I was gonna return it when the GN came out but decided to stay with it...But that's just my opinion...Some people love the Nexus...And they should its a nice phone also...Shouldn't we be talking about how Android has the best phones on the market today...

Upvote 0
Can we trust Smartbench 2011 scores? - Smartphone Benchmarks (SmartBench 2010/Quadrant) Forum

I dont just make stuff up guy

Google quadrant scores faked or benchmarks unreliable.

The radio is better on the rezound
The speaker is better on the rezound.
What makes the phone a phone is better on the rezound.
The camera is unaimously better on the rezound.

Keep going?

keep going on plz..
did u even read the site u just posted? or understand?
that site is saying noting more than how unreliable smartbench is. (simple weakness in program to bypass it)

when all benchmark out there possible are saying same thing (droid razr outperforms rezound), its cuz thats what it is.

Upvote 0
so yes the definition you googled was correct on focus priority. I'm just used to using camera terms.

~googled~
FOCUS PRIORITY -means that your camera will refuse to take a picture until it can reasonably focus on something.

I dont need to google to know the term. but i need to look at terms in english since its not my native language.
Im not self claimed semi pro photographer like you but I do own DSLR(pentax kr), high end digital camera(panasonic FZ7) and smartphones (iphone4, Gnex) and know the differences between.

this photo i just took.
scaled.php

scaled.php

anyway gtg.. enjoy ur holiday.

Upvote 0
I think the OP had a fair and informative post explaining why the Gnex wasn't for him, simple. Why all this extra arguing is going on is beyond me. I am the owner of an Evo 3D so I can't comment on neither the Rezound or the Gnex. The one thing I will comment on (that is strictly opinion) is Sense UI on Android. I felt like for a long time Sense's UI was what made Android "elegant and clean". Everything from social networking to widgets were quite nice... then after a while Sense completely bored me.

Then I saw ICS and thought finally... Google got it right and created a Stock UI that could pull me away from Sense. But after countless videos and in-store demoing of the Gnex it didn't give the wow factor. The multitasking and app draw were great and I hope all devices that are upgradable include this. But other than this, nothing really grabbed me.

I said all of that to say this: I agree with the OP's stance on Sense, people of course have their preference but for me Sense really helps pull Android together, it doesn't bog down my device in some kind of annoyingly obvious way. Things flow smoothly and I feel at home with Sense on Android. I'm very interested in seeing what HTC does w/ ICS while incorporating their UI.

Upvote 0
keep going on plz..
did u even read the site u just posted? or understand?
that site is saying noting more than how unreliable smartbench is. (simple weakness in program to bypass it)

when all benchmark out there possible are saying same thing (droid razr outperforms rezound), its cuz thats what it is.

Im not gonna go on in this post

If you think quadrant, smartbench or any other benchmark is legit theb:

:cool:

I dont take benchmarks very seriously though and thats my personal opinion.

Upvote 0
Where is this thread going? Its about an OP who decided to switch to the Rezound, and looks to have had a bad unit with the Galaxy Nexus.

So a few out there want to call out the people who own a Nexus, and are trouble free, and call them Fan Boys? Seriously, let's not create a phoney food fight! Comparing the Rezound to the Nexus is an old argument...the Rezound will be obsolete in about 2 weeks when HTC brings something (finally) new to the table at CES. The Nexus will be future proof for a while, the Rezound does not share that luxury! I'm a picky person, and I absolutely love my Galaxy Nexus...does everything I need for it to do, and more...So to some it may not be the perfect phone...No phone is! But I must honestly say this is the happiest I've been with a phone in a while. Stop Hatin already...

Upvote 0
I really like threads like this. Good discussion ab out topics that the fanboys like to avoid.

I also really like it when these threads are in the correct phone forum. This one should be in the rezound forum. In fact the OP should have been added to the 2-3 other threads in the rezound forum hating on the nexus and praising the rezound.

Please keep in mind that I'm waiting unto Jan 14th to decide if I'm keeping the nexus or getting the rezound again. I go to the rezound forum to see what I'm missing be being here. It sucks donkey ballz when the two forums mix.

Upvote 0
Flame post and response removed.

Just report flame posts, don't reply to them.

If anyone here wants to make one more post about other people here instead of discussing phones, I would advise against it.

Failure to heed this warning will carry a severe penalty and may result in loss of posting privileges.

Read my sig.

Reactions: xmr405o and jroc
Upvote 0
I dont need to google to know the term. but i need to look at terms in english since its not my native language.
Im not self claimed semi pro photographer like you but I do own DSLR(pentax kr), high end digital camera(panasonic FZ7) and smartphones (iphone4, Gnex) and know the differences between.

this photo i just took.

That photo looks pretty good, I did get some decent shots with the GN just not consistent enough for me. BTW, I never said the TB had a better camera, just stating it was slow like some other phones because it focused before the shutter release, which is what I mean about acting like focus priority. I believe the GN focuses also just not as well. You were also asking about lens size earlier. I never looked at that spec but I do know that the largest aperture on the RZ is f/2.2 with a 28mm focal length, which is great for a phone, not sure what the nexus is.

To be honest I'm done here and moving on.

Thank you to the Mod. for cleaning up this thread a bit.

Happy New Year to all...

Upvote 0
My 2 coppers... I really wish we as an Android community would stop all this fighting. We act like Apple fanboys, only we do so over manufactures. I have used all of the big 3 (Moto, HTC, and now Samsung). My opinion on build quality is that Moto blows everyone else away, I owned the OG Droid and that thing is still going strong it is built like a beast. I moved from that to the Thunderbolt, I liked that phone as well, it felt cheaper then the Droid from a build perspective. However I liked Sense a lot more then I thought I would, after using it for a while it really does add to the Android experience and for my money is the best of the OEM overlays.

Now the Nexus is my first Samsung phone, I would put it second in build quality to the Droid. There were too many light leak issues with the Thunderbolt, it didn't personally bother me as much as some of the others that I saw post about it, but you can not deny that it was there and was a product of how HTC chooses to build the screens on their phones.

Now with all that said I love my Nexus, for some unknown reason I have had very good luck with electronics and do not have to return things to get good units. The Nexus to me is flawless (as was my Droid and Thunderbolt). However having been in this forum since I got the OG Droid (almost 2 years ago) I can tell you that every phone had these exact same posts. Heck you should have seen the Thunderbolt forum, there were posts calling for people to sue HTC over the build quality issues of that phone.

The thing about these posts is that people do not tend to post on forums when their phone is perfect. They come here because they have an issue or they are looking for information. I don't get the arguments that happen, if you like the phone and have no issues with it then why does that make you a fanboy?!? To me it means that you have found a phone that is right for you.

As someone said earlier, the joy of Android is that there is a phone for everyone. You don't have to be happy with the one phone that Apple decideds should run iOS. We have a number of phones from diverse handset makers. All are different and offer different things for different people. Some of us want to be able to root easily, others want the best audio experience, others want the best camera, or just a well rounded phone.

Again the joy of Android is that we have a choice in what hardware we want. As a community we need to embrace that and see past the petty squables about who's phone is better. It isn't a personal attack on you when someone doesn't have the same love of a phone that you do. The Rezound isn't for me, however that doesn't mean it isn't a great phone, again as an Android user we can make that decission.

Upvote 0
I went from the Tbolt to the Rezound to the Nexus

I loved all three phones but here is what I think

Battery -- Nexus hands down
Screen -- The Nexus screen is gorgeous and better in daylight but the Rezound was slightly more accurate IMO . I'll take the Nexus screen
Signal -- I never had signal issues with any of them
Speaker - Rezound had by far the loudest speaker but the speaker phone on my Nexus is louder then both . But in call speaker was equal on the two HTC
Speed -- Now I don't remember my Tbolt stock but it ran so muc hsmoother on CM7 then the Rezound was stock . I found the Rezound very laggy , Nexus is so fast and so smooth
Audio Quality -- Now you would think with the ohh so Great Beats Audio package (sarcasm) the Rezound would be better but it simply wasn't I find that with Power Amp my music sounds better on the Nexus with the same earbuds used with the Rezound and Tbolt
Camera- No comparison the Rezound camera is simply great for a smartphone it's bettery in every way then the Nexus but the Nexus is better then the Tbolt and takes fine pics . But if Camera was my main priority on a phone I'd get the Rezound

Overall I think all three phones are great and if you had to choice between the Rezound and NExus there wasn't a wrong choice . The OP had a bad experience with his Nexus so he moved back to the Rezound . He's got a great phone , if the Nexus didn't come out I would be perfectly happy with the Rezound I had especially with an Unlocked bootloader now . People need to stop defending there phone it shouldn't matter if someone likes a different phone better then the one you own. There is no perfect phone on the market they all accelerate in different areas and have weak points

Reactions: ska.t73
Upvote 0
Though I don't like iPhone, one thing I envy about Apple fans is they are more or less united. Sadly Android fans are fragmented to their favorite phones and often hate each other more than iPhone. Each has right to like certain phone for his/her own reasons that might differ from others.

easy to be united with apple's one size fits all approach. it's a great product if it fits your needs.

android isn't unified due to the customization google allows to the os by manufacturers and carriers. also the options in hardware. with sense, blur, touchwiz, etc many android phones are so customized by the manufacturer that the android underlay is almost unrecognizable to the layman user.

that's why i'm happy to see ics coming out. with this platform as the base hopefully we'll see more standardization across manufacturers in terms of less os customization. i don't really expect that to happen, but i'm glad to make a return to a pure android os that has really stepped it up. when i went from the og droid 1 to the htc incredible i thought user experience with sense was smoother, more intuitive, and more feature filled than vanilla android. now with ics (after having two sense phones since the og droid) i'm glad to see google has really built a platform that can stand on it's own. all the manufacturer overlays are no longer required for a much improved user experienced. i will give the manufacturer (samsung in this case) credit for pairing the os with some really good hardware.

if i didn't get the nexus i would've stuck with my thunderbolt which was/is a great phone. the rezound didn't move me enough to switch from the tbolt, but it is also a very good phone.

Reactions: jroc and ska.t73
Upvote 0
that's why i'm happy to see ics coming out. with this platform as the base hopefully we'll see more standardization across manufacturers in terms of less os customization. i don't really expect that to happen, but i'm glad to make a return to a pure android os that has really stepped it up. when i went from the og droid 1 to the htc incredible i thought user experience with sense was smoother, more intuitive, and more feature filled than vanilla android. now with ics (after having two sense phones since the og droid) i'm glad to see google has really built a platform that can stand on it's own. all the manufacturer overlays are no longer required for a much improved user experienced.

I agree 100%. I never tried a Sense UI phone...I ran an alpha Sense ROM on the OG Droid. Just from that alpha rom...I was amazed at how much smoother it was. My OG got stuck in a boot loop, couldnt boot into recovery for the past several months...had to sbf back to 2.0.1 yesterday. (Didnt even look for a 2.1 or 2.2 sbf...had 2.0.1 on my PC already)

Going back to 2.0.1 makes me appreciate how far Android has come, makes me even appreciate the custom UI's for what they offered to try to enhance Android.

I honestly felt that before ICS...stock Android on phones was too plain, too boring. I like what I see so much from ICS...I have a G Nex coming tomorrow. Not to replace my RAZR, just to do some comparing. And if some things go right...I will have a real dilemma. Not concerning the RAZR tho...but one of my back up phones.

As you can see I lurk in the Rezound section too....it may get a test run from me too...lol. I said there was gonna be a time when the phone choices was gonna make me want to carry more than one. I think that time is now...and just beginning.

Cant WAIT to see whats coming for 2012 and beyond....

Upvote 0
Im not gonna go on in this post

If you think quadrant, smartbench or any other benchmark is legit theb:

:cool:

I dont take benchmarks very seriously though and thats my personal opinion.

first, you dont know why benchmarks are needed to compare device vs device, since comparing hardware parts wont give people enough info.

if u dont think benchmarks are not legit.. I dont know how u come up with 'rezound hardware's better' since when Rezound is using cheap and older architech hardware parts.

CPU GNex's TI OMAP4460>Rezound's Snapdragon S3. (GNex got 1mb L2cache, while Rezound got 512kb L2cache on it)

Memory: both has 1GB RAM but GNex's dual channel while Rezound's single channel.

GPU: Razr's SGX540@304mhz performed almost same as Rezound's adreno220 on video above, GNex has SGX540@384mhz.

Display: Rezound's cheaper Sony? S-LCD is not even comparable to AH-IPS-LCD or HD SAMOLED. S-LCD's name might be Sony but Samsung own that company.
it started as joint company by sony and samsung, sony provided $, Samsung provided their 7th genernation lcd tech called s-lcd, so that became name of company. S-LCD.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones